Chapter 1: Who the Hell are you?

A scared and freighted Sienna runs through Settle Grace Hospital looking for her father. "Daddy! I want my daddy!" The small melanin child had cried for days, until her mother had no choice but to hop on a plane and bring the child to her father.

Sienna had always been a daddy's girl. From the few moments that he first held her, he was the first person she smiled at. The small child had wiggled out of her mother's arms as soon as she reached the unfamiliar hospital.

For her only being four, she was very observant, and very bright. She knew that the o.r. was always in what she called the 'basement of the hospital' and if she ever needed her dad, he was always there.

Before she could look for an elevator, she was being picked up by Chief Richard Webber. "Madelynn Sienna, you are not supposed to run away in hospital sweetheart, you could get lost."

"I want my daddy, now! Ricky!" Laying the child over his shoulder, Richard pats her back and asks a nearby nurse to page Dr. Derek Shepherd, 911. The four-year-old knew Richard Webber very well.

He visited with Adele in New York quite often, and Sienna would always ask Adele to do her hair, she loved how Adele's hands felt when she would get her hair washed.

The small child had finally calmed down enough. Her mother, Addison Shepherd, was worn out. But, she wiped a few loose hairs out of her daughter's face.

Sienna didn't have time for her mother today, so when she slapped her hands away, Addison wasn't at all surprised or shocked- it's been more than just that since Derek moved to Seattle. 

Not knowing that her father saw it all. "Madelynn Sienna, you do not hit your mot-" Sienna cut her father off by jumping in his arms, and getting a strong grip onto him. "Daddy, no leave me."

Wrapping his arms around his daughter, he looks to his Chief and still Wife, "Addison, what's going on? Why are you guys here." Sighing, Addison still wonders how she managed to get her and her daughter dressed, and in style.

"It's you she wants Derek. She's been fighting me since you left. But, last night was the last straw. She wants her daddy to take her everywhere in New York, she wants her daddy to tuck her in. She loves me, be god Derek, she loves you most! Your daughter needs you! Can you stop sleeping with an intern long enough to take care of your first priority!"

Addison was worn out. Between aborting the child she was going to have with Mark Solan, to having it thrown back in her face by her innocent daughter, she was fighting a battle she knew she was going to lose. "Spend the day with her, please. She needs and wants you. It'll be just like New York."

By this time, Sienna was playing with the back of her father's hair, something she did when she was overly happy. The little girl had gotten what she had been screaming for, for the last few months, her dad.

While Derek was pissed at Addison for bringing his new partner into this, he wasn't going to argue in front of his child. He strongly disapproved of it, so he was letting this one go.

"You're right, it'll be just like New York," kissing the top of his daughters head, "you wanna spend the day with me little S?" Looking up to her father, Sienna smiles bright, sloppily kissing her fathers chin, "No leave daddy."

"That's right baby, no leave."

——

Addison decided to take on a few cases while in town, to keep herself busy, and close by just in case Sienna needed her.

Derek and Richard walked down the hallways together. When people saw the famous Derek Shepherd with Sienna, most didn't know what to say. Of course, there were rumors that he actually had adopted a child, but no one knew for sure, and he was a very private man.