Chapter 10: Mommy works with Mer

As Sienna yawns on the nurse's station counter, she continues to eat the mini muffins her father gave her this morning.

As nasty as Derek and Meredith's relationship can get, it was on the nasty side right now. No matter what, Sienna slept at the house, it being her stable home. Her father was back in a hotel, taking a break from the woman he couldn't stay away from.

With her mother back in town, her father was thinking of giving their marriage another try. None of this meant anything to Sienna, she was simply going to school and hanging with her godparents.

Sienna was, being the small child she is, 'seeing things' in Addison's opinion. Sienna had said many times that she had seen or talked to Denny. And there were some days where she would be drawing and 'show him pictures'

Addison wasn't worried, she knew that could happen to children after losing someone and not fully comprehending everything.

But she heard Izzy was seeing this as well

——

'Cause I met an angel, an angel
Who told me she knew someone
Who looked just like me
So I asked her to tell him somethin' for me

Hearing her daughter sing along to the song that has taken over their house, she knew she has to let her daughter see a therapist. It was the only way

For once in her life, she knew she had to put their daughter before their own fights and needs. She just had too

I said, "Hello, uh, are you there?"
Uh, and if I told you the truth
Would it be way too much to bare, uh?
'Cause how I feel is somethin' no one knows
My heart broke speedin' down that road
Can't stop bleedin' but I hide these holes
Just a façade that people want to see
If they took the time to look closely
I'm in agony
I'm in agony

The young child continues to sing along, not hardly understanding how much the song means and how deep the lyrics are. She just knows that Denny would sing parts of it to her.

Sienna has been calling the song her and Denny's song since he first sing it to her weeks before he passed. He was weak, but he always had the strength to sing their song to her.

"Okay Sweetie, it's time to go to daycare upstairs! I'll see you at lunch okay? Mommy loves you soooo much!" Giving her daughter a thousand kisses, Addison gives her daughter to Alex Karev, "A! I missed you! Sing with me to day Car!" As Alex hums all the way to Daycare with Sienna, she lays her head on his shoulder and smiles happily

——

Hearing that Addison Montgomery Shepard wanted her on her service, Meredith was confused and nervous.

The two had no bad blood, and she was trying to stay neutral for the sake of the Princess in the middle of everything. She knew how it felt to be the one in the middle, not knowing what was going on, and she vowed to never let Sienna see the bad side of their love triangle.

"You requested me, Doctor Shepard?" Trying to push forward and not let her current state with Derek get in the way of her work day, Meredith gets ready to take on whatever Addison throws at her.

——

Lunchtime came by fast

Sienna was picked up from the hospital daycare by Mark Solan, and they played airplane all the way to the cafeteria.

Today, Sienna ate a cut-up hotdog and fries, with tater tots and apple sauce. And of course, apple juice

It still surprised somehow much Sienna ate, but she never got chubby. She had started softball a week ago, and it took up most of her time besides her afternoon play dates. "Where's daddy?"

"I'm right here Princess" kissing his daughter's head, Derek sitting to her left, Mark on her right, and Addison sitting across from her. "Hi daddy, I missed you sooooo much!"

"I missed you more little bug! Are you ready for your softball game next week?" Nodding her head up and down, "yeah! You guys coming right? You too papa? And Mer and C and A and Georgie?"

As Addison laughs at the names her daughter has given the young doctors here, "yes princess, we will all be there. Big tuck, little tuck, MeMe, Grandma and grandpa too! We're all coming to opening day" kissing her head after reassuring her they wouldn't miss anything of hers for the world, Mark couldn't believe how blessed he had gotten with his goddaughter.

"Yay! Opening day!"