Chapter 9: Whats an Lvad?

Sienna spent the morning cuddled up with Addison. At 12 on the dot, the pair walked into the hospital, in matching outfits, and headed towards Denny Dukets room.

Sienna was feeling low, and the man had a way of making her feel better while she made him feel better as well. Sienna had all her sparkly pens in her backpack; she wanted to draw a garden on denny's arm so he could be happy until it washed off.

Skipping to the room, Sienna hears yelling come from the inside. Seeing her godmother heading to the room as well, "hi meme! You're coming to see Denny too? I can draw TWO gardens now!" Miranda Bailey was aware of the bad night the child had, but she was still going to attend the play date set up a day prior between her godbrother and their new friend after school hours. "Why don't we go in and see Denny? And also find all of the dumb interns around here!"

Nodding to her godmother, Sienna enters the room with a huge smile on her face, "Hi Denny!" Hearing many of the adults in the room mutter, "oh shit" Sienna was quick to cover her ears and yell, "bad words bad words"

"Doctor Steven's Step away from the patient" seeing how angry her godmother was, Sienna reached for her mother to hold her. From her high position, she sees lots of wires around her new pal Denny. "I'm pumping his heart. We're waiting for Burke to get here for the new one."

"Nurse Olivia can pump for you. Izzy, Burke was shot...the heart, isn't coming" Sienna looks to all the people in the room, and then she looks to the man laying in the bed, "hey cupcake, came to cheer me up?" Nodding to him, "you look really sick Denny, are you gonna make it?"

How do you tell a small child the circle of life?

"I'm not sure sweet pea, but don't cry if I don't okay, just draw me lots of pictures and put them in a box. Once the box is full, place it next to my headstone, okay?"

"Kay Kay, Denny. Lots and lots of draws" laying her head on her mothers shoulder, they head to Richard Webber's office, awaiting the yelling to come.

——

"I cut the Lvad"

"No I cut the Lvad"

"I cut the Lvad"

"I did it...I cut the Lvad"

"I wasn't even here"

"Alex!"

One by one, every intern of Miranda Bailey, who sat infront of Chief Richard Webber, Miranda Bailey, Addison Montgomery Sheppard, and Young Madelyn Sienna Sheppard; we're suptting lies.

"Mommy, what's a Lvad?" Kissing the top of her daughters head, Addison quietly tells her all about it.

As Sienna eats her animal crackers and hears her babysitters get chewed out, she decides to leave mid lecture for her play date. "I got play dates people"

——

"Rory! Tuck! Hey guys!" Running from her mothers car to her two pals on the sand, Sienna picks up some toys and begins to play along with them. "Hey Sienna!"

"We missed you at school today, but mommy said it was cause you didn't sleep well." Nodding her head multiple times, "yeah, bad night. It's why my mommy's here. She came all the way in town to help me sleep and give me cuddles." Letting out a big breath, Sienna continues to draw in the dirt.

Rory was contemplating on telling the two kids in the sand about her home life. But, she knew she didn't want to go back to that hell, "can I tell you and your parents something?"

——

"You're foster mom, hits you? Really hard?" Addison began to ask permission to look all over Rory for bruises. And sure enough, every story she told had a bruise to back it up.

Big tuck immediately call child protective services, knowing that this child could not go back to that house. "Rory sweetie, help is on the way."

"No, they'll just send me to another foster home. Can we finish playing until they come?" Getting nods from her first ever friends, they continue to play in the sand box.

As multiple cop cars arrive, With Tucker and Addison talking before Rory, it was clear to them all that this child would be put back into a system that was fucked up.

"Bye guys" tearing, fearing that this would be the last time she ever saw her new pals, Rory gives them one more big huge hug. "Bye Rory, see you tomorrow at school"

They didn't understand what was going on, but Rory did. She also knew she probably wouldn't see them at school the following day.