Chapter 14: Death Day

Sienna's nightmares were letting up.

She wasn't talking or singing with Denny anymore. She wasn't calling for her mother. She wasn't the biggest fan of softball at the moment either. Sienna had seen something she wasn't supposed to, and that was Burke with a shaky hand. Of course, the child had questions, she'd never seen her father's hands shake, but all she got was yelled at by Preston.

Everyone was wondering what the hell was bringing the child down, it was actually a few things. Sienna heard everything, and it only took her a few days to process some of the information.

At the moment, Addison was on vacation, Meredith was dating a vet and Derek, and her aunt Cristina was helping Burke hide his shaky hand.

So, this left Sienna with her godparents or father for the most part. At first, Sienna didn't want to be around her father due to how the Izzy situation went, but her dad was just trying to save a life.

Sienna was so scared of Burke, and how he yelled at her; that she felt that she had no choice but to tell her father; not knowing that her aunt had already told the man off for hurting her niece's feelings

——

As Burke and Cristina look over some charts, she finally has enough, "You seriously cannot be laughing right now Burke. First, you yell at a child and then you think it's funny when someone calls you out on it? You do know that many doctors in this hospital will kick your ass over that precious little girl right? Including me and evil spawn. I may be helping you but this is my niece"

"Christina-"

"No Burke, you really fucked up this time"

——

As Sienna runs to Derek, he gives her his undivided attention. "Princess, what's wrong? Who's daddy gonna kill?" Sienna lays into Derek's arms, sobbing over the mean man who said and looked down harshly at the child. "He was mean daddy"

"Who baby? Who's Papa and I killing?" for Sienna to frantically search the hospital for Derek, while crying and hoping that she finds him, she has to be in high distress. While this isn't a place for children, his child may need him at any time, and she knows she can always come and find him.

As Sienna held her father tighter, tears streaming down her face faster by the minute, neither paid attention when Cristina Yang came up. "It was Burke, I told him off but maybe he needs you a Sloan to seal the deal" 

Kissing the top of his daughter's head, Derek gives her a big hug, "Daddy will be back okay? Stay with Yang" Giving Sienna a big hug and kiss, Derek softly lays the young girl in her aunt's arms.

Walking off and spotting Mark, "Let's go, Burke needs to learn a lesson about who's kid to fuck with"

"Let me cancel my surgeries"

——

As Sienna sits in the cafeteria with Cristina, she happily eats forgetting all about what happened earlier in the day. Sienna was enjoying a cut-up hotdog, potato chips, and grapes with water. She had already called her mother and told her she missed her dearly, which left Addison crying.

It was the death anniversary of Sienna's younger sister. So, Addison took the whole weekend off to reflect on the past year and how much her life would be different if she had kept her baby. Some days she wished she would have been selfish for her and her daughter, forgetting the triangle between the men, and just being with what could have been two kids. But that child was no longer here, and Sienna was still alone in this battle. Most days Sienna cries for her baby sibling and that will always make Addison feel like a criminal for taking that away from her, but there's always hope for another pregnancy.

As Derek and Mark come to the table, Cristina leaves to check on patients. Mark sits next to Sienna, kissing the top of her head "He won't bother you ever again little bug, you hear me?"

"Okay papa, never again!"