Chapter 12: How to save a life

Izzy's hair was completely gone now. She was bald-headed and it shined to Sienna, like a diamond

Sienna was sitting in Izzy's room. Ever since she last coded, the child took on the role of being her main doctor.

Their past relationship was horrible, the now sick woman had no issue with Sienna, but sienna decided to let it go, if Izzy passes away.

Since the small child does such good work playing doctor, Izzy lets her watch cartoons all day and have lots of junk food.

Sienna never complains, all she has to do is make sure the beeping stays at a certain sound while she watches Dora.

That can't be too hard right?

Izzy was feeling horrible this morning, she had thrown up twice, and Sienna was close to finding Bailey if she did a third time.

Izzy also kept talking to Denny, but Sienna knew Denny was in heaven with all the doggies and her great-grandmother. So how was she talking to him?

——

It all happen so fast

One minute, Izzy and Sienna were laughing at a cartoon joke, the next, Izzy was coughing up blood. Some got on Sienna's shoes. "Olivia! Code blue!" The three words that everyone made sure Sienna could properly say were finally being put to the test.

As the small child hit the nurse button, as well as climbed into the chair and hit the code blue; she climbed down and started pulling Izzy forward as best as she could. "Help somebody!!"

Izzy could barely see how in distress the small child was, but she could hear it even more. The child was crying beyond anything. This was traumatic for her. "Daddy! A! Mommy! Mer! Bailey! Anybody!!! Help us!!" Olivia rushes into the room, throwing down everything she had in her hands. Starting suction on Izzy's mouth, getting all the blood out, she places Sienna on the floor, and told her to stay extremely still.

The small child cries out. For her father, her mother, her stepmother, her godmother, her grandparents, and Denny, her godfather. She was so scared. She saw death, and didn't know how to explain what it was.

As Derek rushes into the room, he's in doctor mode, not father. It wasn't until Mark came in, five doctors after Derek, that Sienna was taken care of. "I'm here little bug, I'm gonna take good care of you okay? Me and you bug."

As Sienna clings to the older man, she misses the look he gives her father. "Let's get you cleaned and cuddled okay? Do you want some fruit? Those doctors are gonna take really good care of Izzy. You did a brave thing until Olivia got there. Papa is very proud of you sweetie. You saved her life."

"Saved life"

"That's right baby, how to save a life"