Chapter 11: Where's your Hair?

Izzie's cancer is getting worse

That's it, that's the news of the week. She was trying to plan anything for anyone, but her cancer was steadily growing. She hasn't told anyone, but a certain Shepard knew without even knowing what she knew.

"Mommy, where is Izzie's hair?" As everyone at the joined table stopped what they were doing, they look at the small child. Everyone joined Sienna for lunch once a week, and today just so happen to be the day.

Addison looks to Derek, the man who she thought she loved, but he'd proven once again that he couldn't make up his mind. "Why do you say that baby?"

"Her hair is like papas. It's short and stuff. I say her pulling at it and it just fell. Is that why you tell me not to pull mine? Is Izzie sick?" Alex, trying to keep his cool around the innocent child, "what the hell is she talking about Shepard? Is she going insane now too?"

Miranda, trying to make sense of everything, "now just wait a minute, Sienna may be on to something. Izzie only shows her, her hair. And she tells her it's their secret. She knows Sienna doesn't break secrets. Maybe that's why she lets Sienna watch TV in her room."

"Wait a minute, someone let my daughter watch tv in the same room as the woman who calls her privileged in so many words? How dare you, people." Before Derek could go on, Cristina adds her two cents, "yeah well, maybe if you guys took her to the daycare or, here's a better idea....hired a nanny! We wouldn't have to!!"

"My mother left me sound the hospital and I turned out fine!"

"Did you?"

"Mer Mer, why's everyone yelling?" Seeing that sienna called Meredith by her actual name for the first time since Addison came back, the table was officially concerned.

"She says something about the hair and now Meredith is Mer Mer again? Either Sienna is scared of Izzie without that cap on, or someone is messing with her?"

——

Once again, Sienna is sitting in the room of Izzie Steven. She has been officially admitted to Settle Gray Mercy West Hospital.

Her mother told her to keep the conversation they had at lunch a secret, and she would win an ice cream

That's all it took for Sienna to talk about dogs until her parents were off of work. "Do you like doggies? I really want one. I can name him Shadow!"

Izzie, who was about to yell at the child to stop talking, suddenly falls to the floor. Sienna runs over, but stays her distance, and hits her call button on the side of the bed. "Help! Izzie sick! Izzie sick!"

As nurse Olivia picks up Sienna, she asks the nurse a challenging question, "is Izzie gonna go away like Denny?"

Alex, hearing the small child and seeing her in distress, "no sweetie, we're gonna take good care of her okay? Come on, let's go on a walk for a while."

——

"I'm sorry A, I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings." Kissing Sienna's hairline, "you did nothing wrong sweetie, you were being helpful. You saved Izzie's life."

"I saved a life. Like daddy!"

"That's right Sienna, you're just like you're dad. Dr. Sienna Shepherd"