Who's kid?

It's kind of late where i am. I should probably be sleeping or something. HA that was a good one. Sleep? Who's that?

Tony Stark's POV (well, in third person shadowing Stark):

Tony was working in his lab, fidgeting with a new design for his suit. He wasn't really thinking about what he was doing. His mind was on Kid.

He enjoyed talking to the kid. It distracted him from all the problems he had in real life. Like what to change about his iron man suits to make them better. They always had to be better. Otherwise they might not be equipped with what he needed them to be equipped with, and he could face an enemy that he couldn't beat. Call him paranoid; he just didn't want any surprises. He had to know that he could protect the world - protect everybody - when needed.

Tony had gotten so caught up in his thoughts and work that, combined with the music blaring through the speakers, he didn't hear the person enter his lab.

"Tony," A voice said gently from behind him.

He jumped and turned around to see Stephen Strange standing there, a smile on his lips.

"Stephen... what're you doing down here?"

Stephen leaned against a nearby table, cluttered with half-finished inventions and a collection of tools.
"Do I need an excuse to visit my boyfriend?"

Tony walked towards him and gave him a soft kiss. "No, but knowing you, that's not the only reason you came down here."

"Well... Recently, you've seemed happier. And I was just wondering what brought about this change," Stephen said.

Tony pondered on whether or not to tell Stephen about Kid. He knew he'd get a lecture on internet safety and whatnot, but he refused to believe this kid was anything more than an innocent cinnamon roll.

"So... this kid texted me. He had the wrong number, but he also had a bullet wound, so I was trying to convince him to go to the hospital. Then we kind of became friends," Tony explained briefly. He gave his phone to Strange so he could see the conversation between the two.

Stephen took a couple minutes to read through it. Then he chuckled. "Kid calls you Weirdo 1?"

Tony rolled his eyes. "Yes, I am Weirdo 1. I am number 1. The top. The king of all you weirdos."

Stephen gasped. "I'm a weirdo?"

"You make magic circles with your hands. What do you think?"

Stephen nodded, as if to say 'fair point'.
"But still, this "kid" could be a threat. How do you know he's not working for hydra? Have you done any background checks at all?"

"I didn't want to impose upon the kid's privacy," Tony explained, "so no. I don't know if he's from hydra, but you read the texts: do you honestly think someone like that would be anything less than genuine?"

Stephen shook his head. "No, Tony, I don't. But we can never be too careful. Please, just run a small background check on him? For me?"

Tony sighed and took the phone back. He quickly traced Kid's number and did some research.
"'Kid' is a fifteen-year-old boy called Peter Parker that goes to Midtown High. Nothing unusual about him. He's a perfectly normal, harmless child."

"Good. See, now we can move onto more important topics. Like why is this kid getting bullied? And why does he get shot?" Stephen wondered, watching his cloak (which had slipped off of Strange and began wandering around the lab) wrap itself around an iron man costume and attempt to lift it into the air.

Tony shrugged. "Who knows? But maybe..." He trailed off, an incredible idea coming into his mind.

"What?"

"I had a light bulb moment. An epiphany. A headband-snapping idea. Come on, we need to go. We have to talk to Pepper."

Thank the gods for autocorrect am i right? On a totally unrelated note, I'm now going to end each chapter with a quote because I have a bunch of really good quotes.

With great responsibility...
Comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.