The Actual Confrontation

COMEDY SECONDDDDD WHOOP WHOOP!

What do you call a row of rabbits hopping away?
...
A receding hare line.

Now back to some sad shit

Peter had cried. A lot. And the wind had whipped his tears away, taking away the evidence of his hurt. And he had been walking in a haze, rethinking his moments with aunt May and all that had gone down.

Right then, he stood in front of the Stark Industries. He wasn't sure what he was going to do or say once he was with Stark, but if he was being honest, his mentor was the closest thing to family he had. So with that in mind, Peter wiped his tears on his shirt before walked into the main entrance.

He didn't expect to come face-to-face with Tony Stark and Stephen Strange.

"Ah, Peter, we were looking for you! How'd everything go with dear old May? Good? Yep, well if you don't mind coming up with Stephen and I..." Tony didn't hesitate once while talking, grabbing Peter's shoulder and herding him towards the elevators.

"Oh, um. Ok," answered Peter in a small voice. Stark and Strange didn't notice Peter's odd state, too busy sharing a look.

When the elevator stopped, the trio made their way to the common room. The rest of the avengers stood inside, waiting. When they saw Peter, they looked at each other and nodded.

Peter stood in the center of the room, with the avengers in front of him.

"So, Peter. Tony here has to tell you something," said Steve.

Peter looked at Mr. Stark in confusion, wondering what was happening.

Stark sighed. "You see, Peter, I went into the hallway to check up on you when you were phoning May-" Peter winced slightly at the name- "and I saw you. Well, no, I saw Spiderman. But... what I'm trying to say is, we know you're Spiderman, okay?"

Peter felt his heart rate speed up. The avengers knew. His aunt had known—look how well that had gone. It was all just too much to deal with in one day, maybe even in one life. He couldn't hear what the avengers were saying, too busy focusing on his own breathing and trying not to embarrass himself in front of his role models.

A sound could be heard coming from the vents above them, and Peter looked up. He didn't know why—because it was silly, and stupid, and would never be the case—but for a second he thought the avengers had called Hydra on him. And that thought was enough to send Peter spiraling.

He bolted suddenly towards the door. But he was running so fast, he ran straight through a portal, back to where he had just been standing. Clint (who apologized for scaring Peter when he fell out of the vent) and Natasha held his shoulders, gently, but still with purpose. They didn't want him to run.

"Sorry, Peter, we can't let you leave yet," said Strange apologetically. "We just have a few more things to tell you, okay? Then you can get back to your aunt."

Peter broke. He started crying, his shoulders shaking in Nat and Clint's hands. "I'm sorry," he whispered over and over.

The avengers look at each other. Was he crying because they knew he was Spiderman? What did they do?

Tony stared at Peter more closely, taking in his tear-stained shirt and puffy eyes. He had been crying before their talk. "Kid?" He asked softly. "Hey, Pete, breathe. What happened? What happened with May?"

Peter couldn't answer, he just choked on his sobs and shook his head.

"Kid... does May hurt you? If you need help, you can tell us. We're the avengers, we make a living off of kicking butt," joked Tony, thinking maybe Peter would laugh and tell them how to help. Tony wanted to kill May if she had done this to Peter.

"No, no, no, no..." Peter repeats, still shaking. The entire events of the day had caught up to him, and he was left feeling awful. He looked up at Stark with bleary eyes, seeing his mentor kneeling in front of him. Peter hadn't realized he had fallen to his knees. "Mr. Stark... Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good..." And with that, Peter passed out.

"Kid!" Tony exclaimed, catching the boy before his head hit the ground. He saw how exhausted Peter looked, and frowned in concern.

The other avengers looked on in worry. "How is he, Tony?" Asked Stephen.

"I-I think he's okay. He passed out, he needs rest. None of you are going to talk to him, or even look at him, until I sort this out—got it?" Tony stared at each person individually, and they nodded. "Now, I'm going to put Peter in our bed, okay Stephen? It's nicer than the guest rooms."

Strange nodded too. "Of course. I'll move our pajamas to one of the other rooms," he said before leaving.

"Don't forget my slippers!" Tony called after him. Then returned his attention to his poor kid.