Aunt May

HI HI HIIII IM SOOOO SORRY FOR LITERALLY NOT POSTING IN A YEAR AHA YEAH I HAD SCHOOL AND STUFFZ. BUT DONT WORRY CUZ IM HERE TO GET YOU OFF THAT CLIFF YOU ALL HAVE BEEN HANGING OFF OF! SO PLEASE WELCOME BACK YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR 😉❤️ AND ALSO DONT COME AND KILL ME FOR WHAT HAPPENS NEXT PLZ
Oh also quick note: I've changed the avengers compound to SI, just so ya know

Peter needed to get home fast, and there would be too many questions if security saw him leaving through the main entrance. Although, disappearing all together was also concerning, but he was panicking, okay? So he quickly donned his Spiderman suit and ran towards one of the many windows, opening it quietly. He swung out and towards home, not noticing the door opening behind him.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Tony stark walked out of the common room to check on Peter. He didn't expect to see Peter running out the window, and he certainly didn't expect to see that Peter was Spiderman. "What the hell?" He whispered.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Peter landed next to his apartment building, changing quickly and heading up to where May was waiting. He opened the door, which yielded with a slow creak.

"Aunt May...?" Peter called out softly.

A light flickered on in the living room, and in Peter's head he scoffed. Like, what was this, a horror movie? What came next? A thousand bats flying out of the cupboard, or maybe he would dramatically trip over the carpet in an attempt to run away.

"Peter Parker," she said slowly, as if those words held a new meaning to her. "Peter... Parker. What is this?" She asked, holding up a very familiar diary.

Peter gulped. "A diary?"

May stood up, and the light cast shadows over her face, giving the whole situation a very creepy feeling. "Your diary. And do you know what I found out from your diary?"

Peter shook his head, knowing and dreading what was coming. There didn't need to be a scary light or a creaky door—this in itself was Peter's worst nightmare.

"I thought you were a good kid," May said sorrowfully, "I thought you did as you were told, and weren't involved with all that superhero crap." She spat the last word out, making Peter flinch.

"But oh, I was wrong. I was very, very wrong. Because it seems you've been living two lives, hm? Spiderman?"

Peter shook his head softly, and found his whole body was shaking too. "No," he whispered under his breath, "no, no, no."

"Well, of course as soon as I found out, I called you," said May.

In the back of Peter's head, he wondered what May was doing. Why was she talking about calling him, when he knew that already? In the back of Peter's head, he guessed May was stalling for some reason, but he didn't know why.

"But I was shocked, you see, and I didn't know how to act. Until I got over myself, and I could see exactly what to do. So I called another number, told them I had Spiderman and they could come and pick him up. Well, they should be here very soon."

Peter's eyes widened. "May, no! Who did you call? May, what did you say exactly—did you tell them my name? Oh," he stepped towards her in urgency, then stopped and shook his head more. He needed to think of what to do and fast.

"Peter, of course I didn't tell them your name, I know better than to tell HYDRA I'm related to you—god knows what they'd do to me. No, by the time they find out, I'll be somewhere far away and you'll be... well, this is for your own good."