Chapter 3: Figuring Things Out

-Techno POV-

Tommy was really starting to get onto Techno's nerves. He just didn't seem to know when to shut up and loved to curse all the time. Currently, they were sitting in a break room. Techno was going over notes over the case while Tommy was interacting with Bad and Skeppy.

"Pussy!" Tommy said.

"Language!" Bad cried in response

"Pussy is a cat, Bad" Tommy retorted, causing Bad to say "Language" again while Skeppy was hysterically laughing at their interaction.

"The bitch boy's not wrong" Skeppy said between his laughs

"Geppy!" Bad responded in disbelief

"Who's the child?" a voice, who Techno identifies as Wilbur, asks. He looks up when a bag is placed onto the table.

"I'm not a child! I'll have you know that I am a man." Tommy snapped back causing Wilbur to chuckle.

"Uh huh. Sure" Wilbur responded. He turned to Techno and reached into the bag. He pulled out a sandwich and gave it to Techno.

"You need to eat. You spend too much time on the case that you forget to take care of yourself" Wilbur said as he sat down and pulled out a sandwich for himself. He paused before reaching into the bag again and pulled out another sandwich.

"Hey bitch boy. Come eat" Wilbur said, inviting Tommy over.

"I-" Tommy started before a glare from Techno shuts him up. He comes over and quietly munches on the sandwich Wilbur gave him.

"I gotta go take care of something" Bad says before he grabs his keys and leaves the room. Skeppy invites himself over and reaches into the bag, pulling out a sandwich for himself. The four of them were able to slightly relax and have a calm conversation.

-----

Techno and Wilbur were going over evidence in his office while Tommy sat nearby, listening intently.

"All of the victims were bad people" Techno said as he picked a crime photo up from the desk.

"What do you mean?" Wilbur asked as he looked up from some notes he was taking.

"The victims have all been everything from domestic abusers to human traffickers"

"Damn" Wilbur responded, deep in thought. "Since we know the victim pool, we can narrow down the next possible victim"

"Yeah, but you do realize how difficult it is for us to even locate those people. I'm honestly surprised that they've even found so many victims"

Wilbur simply hummed in agreement before turning back to some notes Techno had written, "how many people do you believe are behind all of this?"

"Well I know for a fact that one person is in charge. Multiple reports have a dirty blond man with a smiley mask. I'd assume the smiley faces found at the crime scene are correlated with his mask" Techno responded while he pinned some notes onto a bulletin board, "I did some more questioning and digging, and I can confirm that he has 2 main helpers. One of them has a bandana and the other has white sunglasses. Black hair and brown hair. Unlike their leader, they wear a simple cloth mask over their nose and mouth while their leader has a full face mask."

"So basically a Mafia?" Wilbur inquired

"Yeah but-"

"Wow, you've really spent a lot of time on this. When do you think I could get my own gun?" Tommy asked, interrupting Techno's and Wilbur's conversation and changing the subject. Wilbur glared at Tommy as Techno walked around to the other side of his desk. Opening a drawer, he pulled out a toy gun and tossed it at Tommy.

"Until you've proven yourself worthy, and you'd probably have to train for a hundred years based on your recent behavior, then you'll get a proper gun" Techno said as he sat down on his leather chair.

"But I-" Tommy started only to stop when Techno gave him a look that meant there was no room for discussion. "Alright! This is going to by my vlog gun"

"Wilbur. If I drop kick this child and anyone asks, it was in self defense" Techno retorted causing Wilbur to laugh.

-3rd POV-

Unbeknownst to the three men inside, a person was listening to their conversation from outside the door. The figure left and traveled out of the station, hopping into their vehicle. They drove out of the station and headed to a secret location.

-Dream POV-

He sat pondering if he should do this mission with his crew or let them do it themselves. He wanted to take this case himself because he had experience with an abusive parent and it isn't pleasant in the slightest. Finally deciding to lead the team on the mission, he received a couple knocks at his door. He called them in and in walked Punz with another person.

"What's up Bad?" Dream asked as he put his feet up onto his desk. He nodded at Punz who exited the room and shut the door.

"I've got really bad news. Techno knows what kind of people we target and we, in definition, are a mafia. Basically, he knows that it isn't just one person operating alone and that there's a whole group of us." Bad responded, fidgeting with his sleeves.

"Alright. Give me a sec." Dream replied as he pulled his legs down, reached for a pen and a piece of paper. He wrote down the instructions on how to get to the base through a small secluded alley. "Give this to Techno. Tell him that it's a tip from someone anonymous. Let the other members know that I've given the order to intervene"

"Ok. Understood" Bad responded as he took the piece of paper and put it into his pocket. With a smile and a wave, Bad left the room leaving Dream alone with his thoughts. Deciding that he needed to get some sleep before the mission tomorrow, he grabbed his coat and headed to his bedroom. Along the way he saw Antfrost.

"Hey Ant, get a bedroom ready, the bedroom next to mine. We'll be having a guest over soon." Dream instructed Ant who nodded and hurried off. Dream continued to his room. When he got in, he locked the door behind him. Unclipping his mask, he threw it to the side. He got ready for bed, and eventually, he found himself collapsing onto the bed. It had been a long day and he still needed his energy for the mission for the following day.