Chapter 4: Helping Others

-Techno POV-

Techno slowly awoke with a groan. He had fallen asleep at his desk again, notes scattered about. Wilbur laid nearby upon a couch, fast asleep with notes scattered around him as well. Techno sat up and rubbed his tired eyes. He looked around the mess before a small note caught his eye. He gently picked it up and examined it. He'd never seen this before but it looked important. Techno's confusion only grew as he read it. It was some sort of direction to an unknown destination. He tried to think of where these instructions lead but to no avail. The note was signed with a smiley face. One that Techno had seen one too many times. The paper also told him to come alone which greatly concerned Techno. The silence of the room was broken by Wilbur's awakening causing Techno to quickly hide the piece of paper. He'd have to investigate this later on his own and he didn't want Wilbur to be concerned.

"Mm What time is it?" Wilbur asked as he groggily sat up. Techno glaced at the clock, before responding "currently a quarter past 9. if I was to guess, I'd say we fell asleep around 4 am."

Wilbur nodded and got up, "Well then, I'm gonna head home and take a shower. I suggest you do the same. Take some time to relax. You can't solve this crime if you're overworking yourself"

"Alright Wil, no need to worry" Techno said as he grabbed his red clock, "I've gotta feed Floof anyway"

They left the office together, conversating about random things. Before they know it, they've parted ways and Techno was driving back to his house. He parked his car with a tired sigh before forcing himself to exit the vehicle and head inside. As he walked into his house, he was greeted by a small ball of fur. Floof excitedly jumped up at Techno who swooped down and picked him up, giving him a hug. Floof was set in front of his food bowl as Techno refilled the dish and topped off his water. Techno then decided to go take a shower and change into a new set of clothing.

When he stepped out of the shower, a sudden wave of drowsiness hit him. With getting little to no sleep the last couple of days, and the lack of food, Techno was exhausted. With that final thought, he went to take a nap deciding that he was to investigate the note's instruction that night.

-Dream POV-

Dream awoke earlier than he usually did and couldn't seem to fall asleep. Deciding to just get up, he slowly got up out of bed. He sat there for a couple of minutes, simply just basking in the silence of the morning. Dream wondered what it would be like to wake up next to someone you loved. The cuddles they could share throughout the night and into the morning. A couple of knocks at his door alerted him. He got up and approached the door before it was flung open, narrowly missing him.

"Sapnap! You can't just go barging into the boss's office like that!" George exclaimed from the side.

"Of course I can, I just did," Sapnap responded, seeming proud of himself. Dream cleared his throat, catching their attention. Sapnap let out a nervous laugh as he refused to make eye contact.

"Hey boss, the team's almost ready to head out" George responded, professionalism returning.

"George, you don't need to be all professional all the time. We've been friends for a long time now" Dream said with a smile, "I'll be out in 5"

Dream gently closed the door and heard the footsteps of George and Sapnap receding. Walking over to his closet, he decided on a full black outfit. This included a black hoodie, black pants, black gloves, and black sneakers. Grabbing his iconic mask, he brushed his hand over it before putting it on. It gave him a sense of secrecy, which he loved. He grabbed his gun off the table and put it into his hoster around his waist. Glancing around his room one more time, he determined that he got everything he needed. He quickly headed out of the room and down to the lobby where the rest of his team was waiting. His team had spent the two previous days scoping out their target. They had gathered enough intel and were ready to strike.

Dream greeted his team who all seemed to be in a great mood that day. He planned to bring Antfrost, Sapnap, Punz, and Purpled. George was going to be left in charge while they were gone.

"Everyone ready?" Dream asked. They all gave their confirmation whether it was a nod or a verbal "yes"

They bid their farewells to the people left behind before heading out. Taking a couple of their black vehicles, they headed to their location. They took a total of two cars, Dream and Punz rode in one vehicle while the other three took the other. They split up as they neared the apartment complex. Dream and Punz parked approximately a half a block away to the south while the other three parked closer, but to the north. Dream and Punz made their way up the side of the building and onto the roof while the others nonchalantly walked into the lobby, took the elevator up, and walked up to the front door of the target. Dream and Punz got themselves strapped up and descended the side of the building, aiming for the window that led to the target's apartment. Dream gave them the countdown through their walkie talkies. At the end of count one, they broke in, Dream and Punz through the windows and the others through the front door. They all had some kind of facial mask to hide their identity. Going through the house, they easily spotted the target. She was laying in bed, hungover from the previous night. Signalling them to hold fire, he gave Ant and Purpled the command to search the rest of the apartment.

"Who the fuck are you guys?" Dawn Frost, their target, slightly slurred. They remained silent as the other two returned. Purpled had a teenager with him. He was quite tall and had black and white hair. The boy also seemed to have Heterochromia. He seemed quite nervous as he stood there in front of Dream.

"Have you guys come for my shitty excuse of a son?" The woman asked, causing the boy to flinch.

"I swear-" Dawn started before Dream pulled out his gun and shot her through the head. He did make sure that the teen was shielded from the scene before he pulled the trigger.

"Sapnap and Punz, you know what to do" Dream ordered as he headed back to the living room with the others. They quickly marked the scene with their usual signature before they all used the fire escape to head up to the roof. They cleaned up their gear and quickly left the apartment area by hopping onto another building. They had taken the teen with them to save him the trouble of facing the police. They could hear the sirens coming from the distance. Using a gun in an apartment building was not the best decision but Dream couldn't hold back his anger. He hated how that mother was treating her son and Dream could relate to the pain as he had once been in the teen's position. When they got far enough from the scene, Dream, Purpled, and the teen split up from the other's and headed back to their vehicles. Splitting up, and taking off their masks, were to avoid any suspicions from the public. Dream had decided to take Purpled rather than Punz this time because he was closer to the teen's age. As they all settled into the car, Dream turned and looked at the teen.

"I'm sorry about all that shit. Couldn't stand seeing her treat you that way. I'm Dream by the way, and this is my friend Purpled" Dream calmly said, trying to avoid scaring the teen, "I swear we aren't going to hurt you. We're going to take you back to our base and then we'll let you decide if you want to stay with us or if you would rather just leave. If you do leave, you have to understand that you can't tell anyone about us; not even to the police"

Not expecting a response, Dream turned back to face the front and started the car. Glancing into the rearview mirror, he saw the teen smile as he fidgeted with his hands.

"I-I'm Ranboo. Thank you for getting me out" the teen said so softly Dream barely heard it.

"No need to thank us" Dream said as he started to drive back to the base, leaving the car to settle into a comfortable silence.