{13} Interrupting Alaric Day Is a National Holiday

***

***

The days after the whole incident with Dana and her friend were tense. It was like everyone was waiting for the next disaster to happen. In all of Jax's years at the Salvatore School, nothing eventful had happened. All except that guy jumping out of his window, but that was it. It was like one thing after another kept happening this year for them. Jax had no doubt in her mind that it had to do with a certain someone coming here and certain items that people wanted to get their hands on.

Once again, another assembly was called by Alaric. Jax could only hope that this one didn't involve more missing people. Two was enough and they've seen how that mission turned out. Jax sat with Lizzie and Josie in the witch section. Alaric stood up at the podium at the front of the room with Emma to his right. His posture put Jax on edge a little until she remembered that he was usually tense like that so she relaxed.

Alaric finally started his announcement, "Given recent events, some students have expressed concern that I am not allowing you to have a say in the decisions that affect your future..," Alaric shot a pointed look at his twin daughters and Jax. This was true. They had been bugging him about it for the longest time. "And I agree. If you are expected to abide by this school's policies, it's only fair that you have a voice in how those rules are made," Lizzie held out her hand to her sister and friend who both gave her a low-five in victory. They had big grins on their faces and shared a bright look. "So, I am forming an honor council. One vampire, one witch, and one werewolf—each elected by their peers," Alaric turned to Emma, "Along with Emma, whose vote will represent the younger students."

Everyone started turning to their friends and whispering. It was getting everybody excited for what was to come. They finally got a say in what went on at the school! Jax was also happy... Until she started thinking about his words. One vampire, one witch, and one werewolf. The smile fell off her face. Something about it made her sad for some reason, but why? What about it made her so disappointed?

The girl didn't have much time to think about it as Alaric spoke up again, "Now, I have to go off-campus. In the meantime, I expect you to make good decisions and to vote wisely. That's all. You're dismissed." The students started to get up and go to where they were supposed to. Jax was about to turn around and walk to the class she had until she saw Alaric looking at her. He gestured for her to follow him. Jax shot him a confused look before doing as he said.

***

And so, Alaric told Jax to get some of her weapons together so she could help him. He had explained the situation to her and she was definitely surprised. He was always so hesitant about having them help out with monsters unless absolutely necessary. The other times they helped were because they didn't give him much of a choice. It wasn't until Alaric told her what the monster was that Jax understood. "So a dryad popped up out of nowhere?" Jax inquired. Alaric nodded in response. "And Dorian is with the dryad now?" Alaric nodded once again. "And you need me there why?"