{4} Caught In a Fight Already

***

***

Jax was a person who had been chased by some kind of monster many times in her life... But it never ceased to amaze her how many more times this was going to happen. She and Alaric were currently running from a fire-breathing woman who seemed like she wanted to kill them. Sure, the woman had disappeared, but they still had to run just in case she was invisible or something. You never know. Just when she thinks her life couldn't get any crazier, something like this happens. When will all this monster chasing stuff stop? Jax had no idea. Probably when she dies considering she's a demigod who attracts monsters to her like a moth to a flame.

The two had ended up in a cellar where they could hear the voices of Hope and Rafael. Jax didn't waste a moment opening the cellar doors and running down the stairs. She was surprised to Landon was actually in the cellar with Hope and Rafael. She looked from Landon to the other two with a confused look. What was he doing here? How did he even get here?

"There's a fire-breathing woman running through the woods!" Alaric stated.

Jax hunched over with her hands on her hips to catch her breath. She had run so fast that she was a little surprised that Alaric was able to keep up. She smiled a sarcastic smile at the other three in the cellar, "As cool as that may sound, it was not so cool when we almost got roasted by her!"

There was silence. It was just then that Alaric seemed to notice the anxious-looking Landon behind Rafael and Hope. He turned his attention to the two teenagers and he had a stern look on his face, "Did I or did I not say 'don't engage?'"

A look was shot at him by Jax, "Did you honestly think she was going to listen?" Out of all the missions the two girls have gone on together to bring new students to the school, Hope barely listened. She would just go with her own plan and a lot of the time it actually worked. Jax had to admit that Hope would be a good demigod.

Hope rolled her eyes in annoyance at Alaric, "He's only dangerous if crappy apologies can kill."

"Looks can be deceiving," Ric gave her a pointed look, "Now, our bus refugee? Turns out, she's a pyromancer." Jax looked at him with a confused expression. Yeah, they could tell that for themselves, thank you. Landon and Rafael might not know what that is, but you had to be living under a rock to not know.

"Wait, wh-what's a pyromancer?" Landon asked.

Jax's eyes widened, "Excuse me?" How did he not know? Sure, she thought that he might not know, but there was only a small chance of that. A pyromancer was talked about a lot in modern culture through TV shows, movies, or books. How the Hades did he not know what it was? There was no way he could have avoided running into any TV shows, movies, or books with pyromancers in them.