{18} "I Don't Want This to End."

***

***

Things don't always work out the way you want them to. That's what Jax learned from this experience. Jax's sister comes back from the grave and she hoped that everything would go back to the way it was before. The two of them would be just as close as they were before Silena died and they would live in a world where nothing would tear them apart. If you couldn't tell already, that was not what happened. The exact opposite happened.

They would never get to go back to how it was before. It was kind of hard when you find out that your dead sister was being controlled by a new monster and then ended up burying you alive. This led them to this moment. The two girls sat on the floor of Jax's room. Hopefully this time Jax doesn't get knocked out.

After Jax and Josie had been brought back to the school, they were suffocated into a hug by Alaric. He had been worrying the whole time they were missing. It apparently took a lot for him to let Silena join the others in coming to find them since she was partially at fault for their disappearances. That's when Alaric broke the news to Jax. You see, he was worried that Jo and Silena would be controlled again and he didn't want to take any chances. The twins were coming to siphon the magic out of Silena right after they were done with their mom.

Jax let out a shaky breath, "We don't have to do this," Jax straightened up as she tried to find any idea to keep Silena with her, "I can find a spell to free you from his control-"

"Jax, no," Silena placed her hands on Jax's arms to stop her. Jax avoided her sister's gaze, knowing she would break down into tears if she even looked at her for a second, "You can't. I could do something like I did today. I can't bear to hurt someone. You might not like this, but it has to happen and I'm sorry."

A sob broke out of Jax, "But I just got you back. I don't know if I can lose you a second time." She was hoping things would go better this time. Doesn't she deserve that? Jax literally helped fight in a war and this was what she got? Her sister dying, getting brought back to life, and now having to die all over again.

She was met with another hug. Silena stroked her head, "I know, I know. It sucks. You feel like people are leaving you over and over again, and I'm sorry. I know it was hard the first time, but a second is just cruel. But, hey," Silena pulled Jax back to smile at her, "You'll be fine. This won't knock you down for long. You just have to have hope. And I know that you'll find Percy. Even before you guys were together, nothing could keep the two of you apart."

"You always were the optimistic one out of the both of us," Jax laughed which soon turned into more crying. Jax shook her head, "I don't want this to end. I don't want to lose you again."

"I'm sorry," Silena placed a hand on Jax's cheek, "But I will see you again."

"Hopefully in Elysium," Jax commented. Silena smiled and nodded. The two of them moved closer together and spent as much time as they could together. Jax kept glancing toward the door, afraid that the twins would come in and take Silena away from her. Jax buried her head in Silena's shoulder as more tears fell down her face, "Je t'aimerai jusqu'à la fin des temps."

"Je t'aimerai jusqu'à la fin des temps." Silena said back.

That was when the door opened. In walked Lizzie, Josie, and Alaric. Lizzie and Josie had tears streaming down their faces just like Jax did. Jax slowly moved away from Silena as Lizzie and Josie walked over. Silena held out her hands to them, giving Jax one last smile. Jax stood beside Alaric who wrapped an arm around her shoulder to comfort her. The twins placed their hands into Silena's and started siphoning the magic out of Silena.

The image of Silena slowly disappeared until Silena was completely gone. As soon as Silena disappeared from Jax's vision, she broke down crying. Lizzie and Josie came over to hug the girl. The three of them cried for their losses while Alaric joined in on the hug. They needed all the support they could get at the moment.

 They needed all the support they could get at the moment