{9} Born for the Mean Girl Role

***

***

You know that moment when you wish the worst upon someone because you are just so upset with them? Like that person makes you so angry that you never filter what you say about them and what you want to happen to them? And then something bad happens to them and you don't know how to feel about it at first or just in general? This was the perfect way to describe the news that Jax was going to hear. You see, Alaric had called a school assembly to which everyone showed up. He stood at the podium with the Sheriff, Matt Donovan, by his side.

No one knew why the assembly was called. There was already one after the whole gargoyle incident so what could this one be about? Judging by the grim looks on both of the adults' faces, it wasn't anything good. Jax shifted in her seat nervously as she waited for a metaphorical bomb to be dropped on her. The first one to speak was Alaric, "Given our recent influx of monsters, Sheriff Donovan and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention."

The Sheriff stood behind to podium as he addressed the students, "Like Dr. Saltzman was saying, local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night," A photo of the two girls started to be passed around the aisles of students. Jax's eyes widened at hearing this information. "Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha." Sheriff Donovan clenched his jaw with worry.

This was the moment that was referred to before. Jax had no idea how to feel after hearing this news. Jax remembered the first time she met Dana. It was one of the times that the kids were let out of the school to hang out in the town, which didn't happen a lot. Jax had accidentally wandered off by herself when she ran into Dana. The girl had actually been kinda nice until she found out that Jax went to the Salvatore school. Jax had never seen someone's attitude switch up faster than Dana's did at that moment.

The Sheriff stepped to the side as Alaric took to the podium again, "Thank you, Sheriff Donovan. Now, while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst. If Dana and Sasha happened to be found by monsters..." Alaric trailed off upon saying this.

"Hate to say it, but that's a possibility," Jax whispered to herself. From the stories she had heard about Mystic Falls in the past, it wasn't uncommon for monsters to be hanging out in the background. The town was practically crawling with monsters and the locals didn't even know it.

Without even realizing it, Jax had been caught up with her thoughts and missed parts of Alaric's speech. She snapped herself out of her daze and focused back on what he was saying. Alaric scanned the crowd of students, "Now, I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools..," His gaze stopped on his daughters and Jax for a moment, "Which, unfortunately, is necessary, given recent events," He was obviously referring to the whole milkshake incident that happened. "Now, I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells, because any information we can get will make a difference."