{5} Community Service

***

***

The next day was supposed to be better. That's what Jax told herself as she woke up and got ready for her classes today. But, of course, something else had to come up instead. Let me explain by starting at where it went wrong. Jax sat in a class taught by Dorian, spellcasting for upper-level witches, with Lizzie and Josie by her side. The two girls had promised to stay with her until she felt better and it looked like they were sticking to it. As soon as she had walked out of her room that morning, they were waiting outside with big smiles on their faces.

All of the witches sat in a circle where they held the hands of the ones next to them. The whole time the three girls sat in the circle, Lizzie glared at Hope, who sat across from them on the other side of the circle. From what little Jax had told the two girls, the reason she was so upset last night wasn't only because of Percy. It was also because of the girl sitting across from them. Lizzie and Josie had no idea what happened between the two girls, just that Josie was upset to the point where she hasn't even told them what happened yet.

Dorian was walking outside of the circle as he instructed the group, "Chain spells are about the fluid movement of energy from witch to witch," Dorian suddenly stopped walking as he noticed someone missing from the group. "Where's Penelope Park?"

"Um, lady cramps, Mr. Williams," Lizzie told him. Jax didn't even have to look over to know that the blonde girl was smirking as she said that. If there was one person that both Lizzie and Jax disliked, it would be Penelope Park. The girl had been dating Josie and it didn't end well. Josie had also found Penelope making out with MG which she obviously wasn't happy about. This caused the two girls to dislike her even more.

"Sorry I asked," Dorian responded with an eye roll. He moved on and went back to his lecture, "A disharmonious group makes for an uneven flow," The unintentional pun led to most of the group laughing. Jax hadn't wanted to, but she also found herself laughing. It was funny when stuff like that happened. Dorian wasn't very amused, "Okay..."

Before anything more could be said, a piece of paper appeared above their heads. It was folded so no one would be able to read what was on it while it was falling. Dorian reached up and grabbed the paper. Josie immediately knew what it was, "Uh-oh."

"That's not good," Jax commented.

"Who's in trouble with the headmaster?" Josie inquired. This was the usual way that someone would be summoned to the principal's office. There would always be a paper with a name, or names, written on it with people who got in trouble. No innocent person was ever sent to Alaric's office.

Sarcastically, Hope rolled her eyes. She turned her attention to the long-haired, blonde sitting next to Jax, "Probably the people who started a rumble with the local high school."