{19} Secrets Out

***

***

During the hour or two that took place after Silena and Jo disappeared, Alaric discovered the new monster that had been controlling the two. He called himself the Necromancer and he currently sat in the dungeon. That wasn't important right now. Jax could feel the anxiety building up inside of her as she tried her best to remain calm. She fidgeted with her hands as they slightly shook. You might be wondering what she was so anxious about. It was finally time to tell the truth about what she was to her friends. After Jax's sister talked about Kronos and the war, her friends had been wondering what the girl had been talking about. Jax promised to explain to them and now was that moment.

Standing side by side with Alaric, Jax stared at the closed door to Alaric's office. Inside was her friends, and also Penelope who she had to tell since she was there when Silena spilled the beans. It was obvious that Jax was worried by how much she was fidgeting and taking deep breaths. How would they react? What would they think of her? Would they hate her for keeping such a big secret from them? These questions and more ran through her head.

A hand on her shoulder caught her attention. She looked over to see Alaric giving her a comforting smile, "Don't worry. They'll understand why you didn't tell them sooner." Jax nodded once to show that she agreed, though she really didn't. Her thoughts continued to persist as she reached for the doorknob and opened the doors.

The nerves overcame her once more when everyone in the room turned their heads to look at her. Right in front of her stood Lizzie, Josie, Hope, Rafael, Penelope, MG, and Kaleb for some reason. Jax knew that MG had let it slip which caused Kaleb to come along with them to hear what she had to say. Jax took a deep breath and finally said, "So... I have a lot to explain."

"Well, obviously," Hope was the first to speak up. "What was your sister talking about when we found you guys?" That's Hope alright. Always wanting to get straight to the point, asking all the good questions.

"It's better to start with the basics of this story," Jax said. She gestured for them to sit down. Some of them did while others stood. Jax walked over to them while Alaric closed the door. The headmaster stood by the door as he watched to see what would happen. "How many of you guys know about Greek mythology?" Josie, MG, Hope, and Penelope raised their hands. The rest continued to stare at the blonde, waiting for her to drop the bomb on them. "What if I told you that all of it actually happened?"

Silence fell in the room. Lizzie raised her hand, "I can believe witches, vampires, and werewolves because of," She gestured to all of them. "But gods and goddesses? Really?"

"Yep," Jax nodded. "They exist and so do the monsters in the stories. I would know because I'm a demigod," That was when chaos broke out in the room. People were talking over each other, asking questions. She could hear someone asking what it was, but she wasn't sure who. "If you guys would calm down, I could explain!" She had to yell. The room quieted once more. Jax let out a breath, "Thank you. Like I was saying, I'm a demigod... Or a demiwitch to be specific. A demigod is the offspring of a god or goddess and a human. Seeing as I'm a witch, I'm a demiwitch instead of a demigod. You see, like in the stories, gods and goddesses sometimes come to Earth and hook up with humans, which results in-"