the party pt.2

Walking down the hallway, Emily looped an arm around the shoulders of the other brunette. Emily had cleaned herself up a little bit, changing into something a little less fancy. She went from her black dress to a pair of black skinny jeans and a loose red tanktop. It wasn't exactly chilly in their heated dorms.

Elle, however, was wearing something quite purely the opposite. She had on a a loose floral top with a pair of white leggings. She looked very cute with her hair pulled up by a hairtie that Spencer had left over from when he had long hair.

The two of them contrasted largely. Emily was a dark, seemingly goth girl while Elle was a bright, bubbly artsy girl. They didn't look right standing next to one another.

The two girls arrived to Penelope Garcia and Tara Lewis' room, knocking on the door. However, Emily didn't bother waiting for a response as she barged in, her hand now dropped to Elle's, intertwined. They appeared to be a couple- but hadn't necessarily specified such quite yet. Either way, the physical affection was appreciated by both, even without a label.

All of the people in the small room immediately turned to look at the newcomers, and Emily examined all of them. Spencer was sitting in a corner, his knees propped up to his chest as he had a clear view of Derek, standing against the nearest wall. Penelope was sitting on the floor with her knees crossed, a stack of tarot cards sitting infront of her. Tara was laying beside Penelope, watching as the blonde explained what each card meant and how it worked.

Emily expected that was it, until she turned the corner to sit on the couch and almost fell ontop of a special blonde: Jennifer Jareau. "Shit, Jayje, what the hell. Why are you even here?" Her voice sounded quite a bit more harsh than she intended, which caused JJ's eyebrows to furrow slightly. She wasn't truly angry at the blonde for being there, in reality, she did not care, but something about JJ just brought pure...she couldn't explain the emotion she had whenever she was near the blonde.

Penelope leaped up from her spot, pulling Emily into a tight bear hug. "Snugglemuffins! I haven't seen you in weeks! Where have you been, princess?" She begrudgingly let go of the struggling brunette, who turned to shoot her a glare.

"I've just been busy, okay? I'm sorry, Pen. Let's catch up tomorrow?" The blonde giggled in response, nodding, before returning back to her seat next to Tara.

Elle, however, stood awkwardly as she examined all of the new people. She had heard of each of them (From both Emily, as well as other students. Derek: the hot jock who was lowkey a man-whore. Penelope: the weird artistic witch who Elle had a good feeling she would get along with. Spencer: the cutest genius in their entire school. Tara: .. not much was known about her. She didn't attend class very often. Emily: she often heard that Emily was about to drop out, a millionaire, or a bitch. All of which didin't appear to be true. And of course, her own best friend JJ.) Elle looked over at the blonde and immediately skipped over to sit next to her, leaning on her shoulder. "Hey, what ARE you doing here? Are you friends with these guys?"

JJ shrugged slightly, leaning her head back on her friend's. "I got invited by Derek. He told me it was just a chil gathering with alcohol, why wouldn't I take the chance?" She nodded, holding up the beer settled in her hand.

Elle shrugged, reaching forward to take it and drinking out of it. "Yeah, that's chill. Is um... Will's not coming, is he?" Elle cracked an awkward smile, looking at the sullen blonde.

"No, Will's not coming. Will... he, we're not..." within an instinct, JJ reached up to gently touch her neck. She had done more work covering it up (with the help of Elle before she left for her date). "We're over, Elle. I... I broke up with him."

Even though Emily was in a middle of a conversation with Derek, JJ's words cut through her like a knife. Derek's rambling about some hockey game became background noise as Emily turned to look at her date and the blonde.