07

I felt a gripping pain in my heart at his voice that sounded so dejected. What had I done?

'I-I, let me explain.' He gave me a pointed look. 'Please,' I said in a whisper. he then nodded his agreement. He moved to take a seat and I followed him.

'Begin,'

'I didn't want you to know because.... because I wanted you to love me without the mate bond talking.' He raised his eyebrows at me with this look of disbelief on his face.

'I can't believe this, I need a minute to digest what you are trying to tell me because I just can't believe it.' He then stood with his muscles taut and power rolling of him in waves. This was the first time I felt just how powerful he was as the new king. He was accepting the responsibility vested on him and the power was then settling on him. It was sort of breathtaking to watch him move around like that except he was mad at me. He moved to the door and opened it where he stood for a moment and then looked down and sighed. I thought he was about to say something. The naivety in me wanted to hope that he would say that all was fine, but the old lady in me understood exactly how he felt and knew that was not going to happen. He shook his head and just left. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and slid to kneel on the floor. A million thoughts running across my head and they all made me so nervous I didn't notice the dark witching spell floating through the air. By the time I came to my senses, it was too late. She was already gone and I had no idea on what to do.

***

I had been running through the forest for over an hour and I still had not let go of how betrayed by my own mate hiding from me. I almost forgot the hexing, yes, she hexed me too. Why is love this complicated! Despite all that I understood her reasons, she was a species that had been long hunted by humans since the fifteenth century. She must have a lot of people who had manipulated her into a lot of things especially when she was younger. Maybe I should let her off easy.

I decided to go back and actually talk to her, and finally let this be water under the bridge. As I turned around, I suddenly felt so restless. Something was happening to Baby doll. I ran all the way there to find the door unlocked. I slowly walked in to find the whole room was painted red with what smelled like blood and some parts had chunks of meat and Baby Doll was kneeling at the center of the room. There was no sign of life in the house. I did a quick sweep of the house and all the rooms looked exactly the same as the living room, blood and chunks of meat on the walls and the floor was clean with nothing and there was no furniture. What happened here and whose blood is on the walls? I went back to the living room and found baby doll in the same position.

'Baby doll,' I said softly trying to pick her up from the floor. I knelt down so I could at least see her eyes. They looked horror stricken as if she had seen a ghost, or something unspeakable.

'I-I-I-- can't believe it.'

'What do you mean baby doll, what happened?'

'They freed him.'

'Freed who?' She hesitated for a minute before she whispered the next few words which also struck fear in my heart.

'Belial'

'Baby Doll, where are your cousin and aunt?' She then started to hyperventilate with tears streaming down her cheeks. I held her and encouraged her to breathe. I needed to get her out of there. I took her out. The minute we stepped into the front lawn, the house collapsed onto itself. The remains were then sucked into some sort of wormhole leaving the ground where the house stood vacant and scorched with what seemed to be heat. However, I felt no heat from where I stood. Some blood remained where the house once was. I stepped a bit closer with Baby Doll still in my arms but now passed out. The blood seemed to spell something. It had a message. The message was for her. You will be mine again. I gritted my teeth in anger, she was mine what was the old smelly punk talking about. I took her back to my castle, when she woke up we would have to talk about how old she really is and what she got herself into. I needed to make sure she was safe first. I pulled out my phone and dialed a familiar number that I never thought I would have to call but the situation was dire and out of control.

'Hello?'

'Well well, long time no talk Harry. How is that little blonde who used to hang on your every word in campus? Did you finally settle with her or...'

'I know it's been long but this is no time for pleasantries, I need your help.'

'I'm on my way.' I need all the help I can get if Belial is as the legends say he is.

***

'Amos!'

'Sir,'

'Call the doctor here immediately!'

'Yes your Highness,' he said bowing as he left. I needed the doctor to check on Baby Doll, she has been out cold for too long now. I carried her to my room and placed her on the bed. She looked sickly pale like life was draining out of her. Her hands that I had placed in mine felt icy cold. I could feel the life slip away from her. I put her hand on my forehead. What was the taking the doctor so long?

'Step away from her! Come out of her you foul beast!' All of a sudden a dark monster sprang out of her just as I jumped back from her and then some powder was sprayed into the air as some words were mumbled. The monster gave one last cry as it disappeared into the thin air. Baby Doll started to regain her color.

'You didn't tell me you mated the most powerful witch in the world, congrats man.'

'Thank you Kami. And what do you mean the most powerful witch in the world?'

'Anytime man. You don't know, she didn't tell you did she?'

'Tell me what?' Just then she sprang awake while gasping and then began breathing heavily as though she had just ran a marathon.

'Aunt Hilda and Gina,' she rasped out.

'Where are they?' She stared at me deadpanning before uttering the next words with a pain so intense yet voiced so quietly.

'On the walls of our house.'

Follow the next two chapters on Webnovel now and skip out on the long wait. Here's the link:https://www.webnovel.com/book/babydoll_20525296205125105

It would also mean a lot to me if you checked out my blog. Here's the link to that:http://theeerieechohome.wordpress.com/

You can also feel free to comment and ask if something doesn't make sense, I will freely clarify it for you. Please vote and share with your friends.