02

The picture has nothing to do with the story. I just thought it was so cute and had to you know😉😉. Back to the story......

I looked straight at the beast and whispered a spell to freeze it but I only had a five minute window before it became unfrozen. I grabbed Bree's hand and we immediately made a dash for it. We ran and made it to my car that was parked at the edge of the forest. I tried to turn the car on but it wouldn't start. Just then we heard the beast roar from the forest. I looked at Bree who was visibly shaking in fear.
'Your car, go! Go! Go!' I ordered north of us now getting frantic to escape this place. We quickly got out and made a mad dash for her car. We got in and turned it on and I drove us out of the parking but I couldn't exactly drive us out of the place. No matter how hard I stepped on the gas pedal to go forward, the car seemed to be moving even further back.
' Why are we going back?' Bree asked and then we both looked at each other with our eyes wide open and terrified and we slowly turned around. The beast was now holding the bumper of our car and pulling it back. I had to face the beast or else it would be tear into the both of us but I was hoping that Bree would never learn of my powers. I could never get too close to anyone because I would eventually lose them. I never stayed in one place for too long or people would start to notice that I don't age. This is the first time I had a friend this close to me who was not my aunt but I was not planning to lose her to this beast. I turned to Bree and I saw her visibly shaking in fear. I knew the choice I had to make for her sake.
'Bree, I need you to listen to me. When he let's go of the car, you drive out of here and you don't look back, okay?' She began shaking her head and was full-on sobbing.
'No, no,no,' she whispered shaking her head.
'Yes, I need you to tell my aunt. She'll know what to do.' I turned to step out of the car but she held my hand to pull me back in. I took both of her hand in mine and looked into her eyes and smiled.
' I'll be alright, don't worry about me,' I said shaking my head,' are you ready?'
She slowly nodded her head. I got out of the car and exhaled.
' Hey!' the beast turned to look at me and dropped the car. Bree sped out of there and left the parking lot. Good girl. I turned back to the beast and smiled. ' Why don't you change back so we can have a nice chat. Sadly, I don't speak growl.' It snarled at me showing me its razor sharp carnassial teeth that were, surprisingly, cleaner than an animal's. That was when I sensed it. The animal was royalty and this royal was on edge, I could feel the anger rolling of him in waves now that my senses were open. However, that was not the only thing I was sensing. I could sense his pain too, and it was excruciating. I knocked him out using a simple spell. He fell to the ground and shifted back to his human form. I walked up to his fallen form and covered his manhood with the jumper I had worn since it was a bit chilly when we had first arrived at the forest cause while I had seen it all since afterall, I am old, I did not want to see his manhood. Well, atleast, he deserved to be ogled while he was awake. But he just scared the heavens out of you and your bestie. Fair point. I got a clear look at his face. He had a defined jawline with a five o' clock shadow. He was truly handsome. Now that he was asleep with his features at rest, I noticed the shadows underneath his eyes that gave him a haunted look. What happened to you your highness?

⚜️⚜️⚜️

My head hurt terribly, I can't remember what happened after I shifted out of anger and grief. I think I'm not going to get up, this bed is quite comfortable actually..... Wait a minute, bed? I opened my eyes and shot up straight, an action that I instantly regretted as my head still hurt. Someone had dressed me in a grey shirt and a pair of sweatpants and I was in a room that was decorated quite cosily, the walls had white wallpaper with black bunnies on it. But now that it was still slightly dark, I could tell that the bunnies were luminescent. The room smelt like cloves and chocolate. It was comforting. I stepped out of the bed and began surveying the room. I noticed I was a floor up. Just then the door was opened and a woman that was five foot seven with black hair and appeared to be in her mid thirties came in carrying a basket of folded sheets.
'I see you're awake. You gave my niece and her friend quite a fright. How are you feeling now? Is your head healed, you hit yourself pretty hard on some tree in the forest,' she said smiling.
'Who are you? Where am I? Who dressed me?' I asked feeling a bit weary of her.
'Dear, why don't you eat first then I will answer all of your questions,' she said putting the sheets in a closet. She then turned to leave the room.
' Could I atleast know your name?' She stopped and turned to me, a smile still etched on her face.
'My name is Hilda.'