01

I have been staring at the roof of my room all morning. I don't know what to do today so I am still in bed, still in my pyjamas. No one is home. Apparently, everyone has a life but me. My roof looks boring though. Maybe I should get a glow in the dark wallpaper with skulls you on it. Aha! I know what I will do. I'll..............................
My phone rings interrupting my luminescent dreams for my roof.
" Dela"
" hey, where are you?"my best friend Aubrey asked.
"Why what's up?"
"What's up is you and me were supposed to hang out today? You promised me we'd go forest trekking today," she said in a whiny voice. I shot upright off my bed.
"Wait that was today!"
"Yeah!"
"Oh my ! I am so sorry. I am on my way," I said hanging up on her. I got dressed up in  a pair of ripped jeans and a high neck sweater crop since it was just warm out. I put on a pair of converse and left house after picking my keys. Aubrey and I have been friends for three years. She was just a regular human so I couldn't tell her about who I am. I am Delany Burke, the most powerful witch in existence currently but however since I can't age, I still look seventeen, eighteen if you make seem really old. I live with my aunt who is older than I am but is powerless. She got tired of all of this and relinquished her power to me when I was a baby and devoted her life to teaching me and taking care of me. My actual parents died by being burned on a stake in the sixteenth century after they were caught trying to hide but they had also given up their powers to me and gave me to my aunt Hilda who ran from that place with me and made it to America. I appreciate the whole clothing revolution most throughout all this time. It was really taxing to wear  all that garb that we used to wear especially during the summer. I am five foot nine, not that tall sadly but I am not too short either so I love my height. I have platinum hair but I was a brunette when I was born but as I inherited those powers from my family, it sort of paled out now it's just platinum. I meet Bree at the edge of the forest. I was out of breath cause I ran the last few metres to the forest.
'I'm here.'
'About time, the forest isn't going to examine itself you know'
' Do you mind doing that forest?' I asked the forest while looking at it, ' Because I was thinking of redecorating my room before this maniac I call best friend -'
'Hey!!'
' What?? You love me anyway'
' And I ask myself why every single day of it' Bree says quietly but I still hear it.
' No you don't, come on,' I say putting my arms on Bree's shoulders pulling her with me into the forest.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

We had been up in the forest for hours, I had been trying to tell Bree about different types of plants and their uses. She wanted to start up a garden of wild plants but she had no idea what kind of wild plants to use hence the whole trek. It was now growing dark and there were rumours of wild creatures that ruled the forest in the dark that devoured man. That was all myth however because I knew which creatures ruled this forest in the night and the walked amongst men in the day. I snapped one last picture of a plant on my phone and stood up.
' Bree! Bree we should leave now!' I called out to her while trying to spot her but I wasn't getting a response. 'Bree!' Then I heard a squeal and I followed it where she was. She was shaking violently as she stared into it's eyes.' Bree, don't move a muscle.'
' Help me,' she whispered.