twelve

I'm trying but they're hot

It's day six of being Luis Pierce's girlfriend.

[Outfit inspo]

Last night's game finished on a good note; we won of course. The guys and i went to some diner afterwards which was pretty fun, but we were all pretty slumped by the end of the night. I ended up falling asleep on my couch as soon as i got home, before even taking my shoes off.

But, it's finally the weekend, and i don't have to work until this evening, so Luis is coming over.

I pull my damp hair into a ponytail on the top of my head and run down the stairs, almost slipping as i reach the bottom. Mom must've polished the floors today.

"Hey Mom." i hum as i walk into the kitchen.

She looks up at me over her glasses from the wordsearch she's been doing all morning.

"Morning sweetheart." she squints her eyes at me. "You're in an exceptional mood."

I look back at her as i wash an apple from the fruit bowl.

"I'm always in a good mood." i pout.

"Even much so this week." she smiles at me. "Does this have anything to do with a certain Luis?"

"Mom." i groan.

"What? I'm just saying you've been happier since you two started dating." she raises her hands in defence.

"It has nothing to do with him." i huff.

"Whatever you say sweetie. Just make sure you two are being safe." she looks back down at her newspaper.

"Mom!" i almost cry, wincing. This woman cannot be serious.

Just as she begins laughing to herself, the doorbell rings.

"Speak of the devil." she wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Please be normal." i plead as i walk out of the kitchen into the living room area.

Our house is open plan on the first floor, so the only separate room we actually have down here is the kitchen. Everything else is connected.

I pull the door open to see Luis grinning at me.

"Hey beautiful." he smiles cheekily.

"Ugh." i sigh, turning around to hide my own smile and leaving the door open for him to walk in.

"Wow. Cold. I like it." he steps in, closing the door behind him.

"Hey Ms Young!" Luis calls out.

"Hello dear!" she calls back.

"Mom, we're going to my room." i yell into the kitchen.

"Okay sweet, let me know if you need anything."

I take him by the sleeve and lead him up the stairs. He knows his way around my house, but i still do it out of habit.

"You gotta stop taking me to your room Devy, it's too tempting." he mumbles from behind me.

I sigh, dropping his sleeve and walking into my room, him close behind me.

"Close the door." i mumble, throwing myself on to my bed.

"Devy you're teasing me now." he hums as he closes the door behind himself.

"Please stop talking."

He raises his arms in defence, flopping down on the bed beside me. He shuffles up so that he's laying beside me on his stomach.

I glance at him as i scroll through pinterest.

"What?" i raise my brows.

"I can't admire my girlfriend?" his lips curl into a boyish grin.

"It gets harder everyday to not hit you, Pierce."

"You know what else gets harder-"

"Luis!"

He chuckles, clearly pleased with himself.

"You want to practice kissing to make it more believable?" he traces circles in my arm with his pinky finger.

"How about we practice having an argument and you sleeping on the couch?" i look back at my phone.

"We can just be fake dating friends with benefits." Luis pouts.

"Have you lost your mind?" i sigh, putting my phone down and looking at him.

"Why don't you come find out?" his mouth twitches into a smirk.

He turns onto his side, laying on the pillow beside me, our faces inches apart.

I look into his eyes, subconsciously licking my lips which brings Luis' eyes to them.

I roll onto my side, the tip of my nose brushing against his. I run my hand slowly down the length of Luis' neck and along his shoulder, making him shiver.

He leans forward, his breath fanning against my mouth.

"Dev, Mom wants to know if-"

Luis and i jump apart and i sit up. Kobe looks between the two of us, lips parted. Luis rolls over and puts his hands behind his head, his usual lazy smile on his face.

"I... am so sorry." my sister winces, backing out of the room.

"You weren't interrupting." i clear my throat, glancing at Luis. "What does Mom wanna know?"

"If you guys want anything to eat." she bites the inside of her cheek. She's trying not to laugh. Prick.

"I'm good, thanks." Luis says from beside me.

Bee looks at me.

"Maybe in a bit." i give her a tight lipped smile.

"Okay." she turns around, then turns back. "Deberías cerrar la puerta." (you should lock the door.)

"Cállate y vete Kobe." i throw a pillow at her and she laughs, closing the door behind her. (shut up and leave Kobe.)

I sigh, laying back down, looking up at the ceiling.

"Dev?" Luis says after a moment.

"Mhm?" i reply.

"Do you wanna come to a wedding with me next week?"

I turn to look at him.

"A wedding?"

"Yeah. My dad's brother is getting married in Michigan. You should come." he turns to look at me too.

"Michigan?"

Luis laughs. "It's just gonna be for two nights and it will all be paid for. You just need to say yes, take a couple pics and maybe hold my hands a few times that night."

I sit up, brushing my hair out of my face.

"Are you asking me out, Luis Pierce?" my mouth stretches into a smile.

He rolls his eyes, but he's smiling himself.

"I guess, Banks." he takes my hand in his.

He recently remembered my middle name and won't stop using it.

"Food's ready!" I faintly hear Mom call from the other side of the door.

"C'mon." i pull him up and we head down, hands still linked.