thirteen

The voice in my head sounds like Morgan Freeman

It's day nine of being Luis Pierce's girlfriend.

[Outfit inspo]

I haven't seen Luis since saturday and i'm kinda starting to miss him. He left town for this football game on Monday and he gets back early tomorrow. I was meant to go and see him on Sunday but i was studying, and then i crashed.

Now it's Wednesday.

Layton, Aadhya and i went to the mall to look for dresses for the wedding. Aadhya came along for fun and to get our nails done.

Now, we're sat in a coffee shop somewhere downtown, just talking.

"Okay, but i've never seen him this hooked on a girl before." Layton grins at me excitedly, sipping her frappe.

"I was thinking the same thing!" Aadhya agrees from beside me.

"I don't think he's that hooked on me guys." i roll my eyes.

"Are you kidding?" Lay almost spits her drink out. "He never stops talking about you. Neither does Mom to be honest."

"And have you seen the way he looks at you Dev?" Aads whisper-shouts.

I laugh at the two of them.

"I'd always thought he'd have commitment issues, but i'm really glad he doesn't." Layton adds.

"What do you mean?" i turn to her, frowning slightly.

"I felt like such a shitty sister. He had to grow up watching me with a boyfriend that was very... aggressive." she taps her nails against her cup. "I thought it was the reason he wouldn't commit to one girl. Because he didn't want to be like that."

"I'm so sorry that happened to you, Lay." i say softly

"It's fine, really. I'm fine." she smiles at me briefly. "But i used to make him keep it from our parents. The fights and bruises and stuff. It wasn't fair for me to do that to a fourteen year old."

I stare down at the contents of my cup.

That's why Luis freaked out so much that day in the cupboard. He had watch his sister get hurt and couldn't do anything about it. He doesn't wanna be that person. He doesn't want to see the people he cares about hurting.

"Devyn?" Aads says, her voice concerned.

Layton places her hand on mine and i look up at her. "You're crying."

"Ah, fuck. Sorry." i quickly wipe my face with my sleeves. "I don't know why i'm crying."

"It's okay." Layton rubs my shoulder and laughs a little. "Sorry for ruining the mood."

"I'm glad you told me. Thank you."

She gives me a little nod.

"Okay." Layton claps her hands together. "Time for more shopping."

***
I put my bags down on the floor and flop down on my bed. Who knew a day of buying clothes could be so tiring.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and see that i have a missed facetime call. I smile and click the contact.

It rings twice before it picks up.

"Hey beautiful." Luis says through the phone, smirking lazily.

"Hey stranger." i roll over on to my stomach.

"I miss you."

"I miss you too, i guess." i move the phone so it just shows my eyes. He doesn't need to know i'm smiling.

"Lemme see you." he frowns.

"Why?"

"I wanna see your face."

I sigh, bringing the phone back down to show my whole face. Luis grins at me.

"Good girl." he mutters.

Butterflies rush into my stomach as the words leave his mouth and my face clearly changes because a devilish grin appears on his lips.

"What?" i clear my throat.

"You know what."

"No i don't."

Luis chuckles to himself softly.

"When are you coming back?" i change the subject.

"Our flight is at 4 am." he sighs.

"And then we're off to Michigan tomorrow night?"

"Yup. Did you get a dress?" he asks.

"Yeah. And i got a couple bikinis since Lay said there's a beach near the hotel."

"Show me."

"The dress is already bagged up for when i pack in the morning."

"I wasn't talking about the dress." he smirks.

"I can't stand you." i sigh and he laughs lightly.

He runs a hand through his hair, pushing it back and i notice what looks like a deep horizontal cut above his eyebrow.

"What happened to your face?" i frown.

"Took a tumble during football. Nothing special."

"I told you to be careful Luis." i exhale.

"Sorry my love." he laughs

I'm about to say something else when i hear muffled voices in the background.

Luis looks at whoever has entered his room before looking back at me.

"Sorry babe, i gotta go, the boys wanna go out." he sighs.

I smile. "It's okay. Have fun!"

"Bye gorgeous." he smiles, before hanging up the phone.

I put my phone down and roll over, looking up at the ceiling. I can't lie, i miss him a lot. We're usually attached at the hip.

I decide to start packing tonight so i don't have as much to pack in the morning.

This is gonna be a long weekend.