Chapter 1: The Prophecy

11 years and 16 days ago

  A dark cloaked figure walked on the midnight covered stones in the sandy streets. He was met with the guards, who were stationed outside of the castle barrier. Their only job: to protect the castle walls.

     They had the regular guard attire. In the center of all the armor, was a large red dragon surrounding a jet black 'I'. The symbol of the Bakugou Kingdom.

     Known for their brutal and rash methods of war, they are also called the Kingdom of War. Though a less famous term for the kingdom, they are also associated with being the only kingdom able to tame dragons. 

     The guards pointed their spears at the cloaked figure's throat. The one who was shorter and placed on the right spoke, "Do you have a special invitation given by the royal family?" He asked, his voice low and threatening. His aura filled with his dominant scent. However, the tone of his voice and the strength of his scent did nothing more than to make the cloaked figure smirk. 

     His expression became visible as he lifted his black hood, revealing a fiery red haired male. His teal eyes seemed to glow from the darkness of the night outside. A large scar was apparent on the left side of his face. The mark present on his right arm flickering at a dangerous rate, though that was ignored.

     The guards almost dropped their weapons as they sunk into a deep bow. "K-King Todoroki!" The man stuttered, now regretting his tone. He instantly tried to stop the aura he worked to create. 

     Enji Todoroki gave no time for the guards to regain their composures. "I have a prophecy for Masaru."

     The halls were filled with whispers from the maids and servants, all trying to figure out why King Todoroki would visit King and Queen Bakugou at such a late hour. Some were trying to sneak their way closer to the heavy doors of the meeting room. All trying to hear the reason.

     Inside the meeting room, the sleepy King and Queen faced the ferocious King. 

     "What is it, Enji?" King Masaru Bakugou asked. His eyes showed tiredness, but it was nothing compared to the queen's. Queen Mitsuki Bakugou was trying her absolute best to stay awake and make sure her eyelids don't droop. 

     Her four-year-old son was still refusing to sleep without his mother's company, so she had no other choice but to hold him while sitting in a meeting chair. 

     Although Queen Mitsuki is usually associated with her bloody battle tactics, she was kind and caring to her friends and family. She had ash blonde hair, similar to her son's. She also had deep ruby eyes. King Masaru had honey brown hair and matching eyes. He also wore brown-rimmed glasses. 

     "It's King Enji to you, Masaru," Enji said. He loved hearing the title. It gave him an excuse to show off the power he had. Masaru smiled awkwardly, "Yeah...So, what is it?" Mitsuki looked at the other king's right arm. The flashing and flickering did not go unnoticed by the king and queen.

     "Rei spit another prophecy," Enji announced. Mitsuki was now wide awake and was grinding her teeth in anger, holding back a punch in the gut for the other. She was fully aware of why Enji had married Rei. 

     She was from a little cottage when she was sold to him, for she was his mate. Chances sucked for Rei, but she still tried to make the most of it. It didn't work. 

     She was mainly sold because she was a powerful alpha, but also because of her ability to see the future and tell prophecies. 

     The poor woman had been used her whole life. Eventually, she looked so far into the future, she couldn't remember the past or pay any attention to the present. Her poor children needed to introduce themselves every time just for her to forget it a second later.

     The room was filled with the three alphas' tension. The room smelt too much like an upcoming explosion. Some of the beta servants and maids needed to keep their distance from the room. However, the small alpha in his mother's arm didn't seem affected at all and resumed his peaceful sleeping, purring ever so slightly. 

     Masaru's glasses tinted in the dim firelight, which gave a shady look about him. "Are you going to tell us what it is?" He prompted. "What about the Midoriya Kingdom?" Mitsuki asked, not forgetting about her best friend. 

     "Inko has already been notified," Enji said bluntly. Inko, Mitsuki's most trusted friend, used to rule her queendom with her husband and son, but they had disappeared one day without a trace. However, she still ruled her queendom with much honor and prestige, even if she was hurting.

     "The prophecy said," Enji started, taking a rolled piece of paper and reading it aloud, "'The Southern Kingdom known better as the Villain Kingdom will seek out an opportunity to strike. All the kingdoms will be affected. An omega the cause of.'"

      Mitsuki and Masaru waited for him to continue, but he stopped and stored the paper away again. "Well?" Masaru prodded. "'An omega the cause of'? Cause of what?"

     Enji sighed, "Rei had passed out before she finished." Mitsuki stood up and pointed an accusing finger in his direction, "You worked her to death!" 

     Enji sighed once again, "Not to death. She merely was tired."

      Masaru motioned for his wife to calm down, and she obliged. Though not willingly. Masaru went back to the issue at hand. "It's still awfully vague. 'An omega'? How can we know who that is?" 

     Enji slyly smiled. He had waited for this to come up, "I have all the omegas in my kingdom in my possession at the palace. They will all be killed tomorrow morning. They are filthy beings anyways. So poor and not useful."

     Even with Mitsuki's held anger, she shouted at the king presented in front of her. No king should act in such a way. "Kill all of the omegas?! My, that's outrageous! The omega mentioned might not even be in your kingdom!" She yelled from across the table. 

     All the shouting from his mother, awoke the small prince in her arms. He yawned and rubbed his tired eyes, "Mom? What's wrong?" He asked, not comprehending any of the past conversation, only his mother's worried face. He truly slept peacefully despite the noise.

     "Isn't it odd that you bring a child to such an important meeting, Mitsuki?" Enji asked, scowling at the little boy. 

     The young alpha prince lazily pointed a finger at the king, "I may be a child, but I can still beat you, Old Man!" He shouted. Aggressive pheromones leaking out of him. 

     The king was surprised by the outburst as his parents, though Mitsuki was smiling. The prince yawned again and walked to his bedroom.

     "Back to the subject at hand, I agree with my wife. A king, nor queen, should ever do such a horrid thing to his people. I'm sure Inko agrees," Masaru said, bringing everyone's attention back to the problem. 

     Enji was not happy with his answer. He had presumed that they were going to praise him for his amazing idea. He was mistaken. 

     "Omegas are weak. Worthless, even," Enji said, "They would be happy to sacrifice themselves to protect the others. I recommend you do the same in your kingdom. If you don't, I will rage war on your kingdom." With that, the red haired king stormed out of the room and back to his palace.

     King and Queen Bakugou were left in the dim lit room with nothing than their troubled minds. On one hand, they didn't want to go down the same cruel path as Enji. On the other, they didn't want to go to war with the Todoroki Kingdom. This was a hard decision. 

Word Count: 1352

This is my first omegaverse story, and if there's one thing I know about omegaverse, it is that there are many, many versions... so, please don't judge me too harshly.