Chapter 4: The Omega Son You Could Never Save

"Enji, I understand that you believe your way is the best course of action, but we have different kingdoms. You rule yours how you please, and we'll use ours how we please," Inko said plainly. "However, at times like this, it is important to say that it is a matter of 'the majority rules'." 

     She said her words with no scorn, even though she thought his plan was madness. She had said it in a factual manner. She was simply saying the facts. 

     "'All kingdoms will be affected'! This decision will determine the fate of all of our kingdoms!" Enji shouted, not bothering to say that he was 'King Enji' to them. He was annoyed beyond belief about how they would care so deeply for some lousy omegas. 

     There wasn't many of them left. They made barely 10% of the population, perhaps even less. Because of this, Enji thought it was easy to remove. And because of this, the rest of the monarchs wanted to preserve whatever little was left. 

     In Enji's mind, they were weak, unwanted, useless. Only a mother of one could ever love-

     Enji laughed as he realized the reason why Inko had agreed with the Bakugou Kingdom and why said kingdom was so fixated on not killing the worthless beings. The proceeding king and queens stared at the king's loud laughter in a weird manner. 

     Between his boisterous laughter, Enji said, "Of course you would want to protect the omegas!" He gasped for air. "You couldn't save your own omega son!"

     Everyone in the room, besides from Enji, was frozen still. Mitsuki didn't know what to say nor do. She was flabbergasted, and couldn't decide to punch the king or throw him out the window. The tension in the room was so thick, you would have trouble cutting it with a sword. 

     Of course, the tension meant nothing to the savage king. 

     Inko looked sadly at the table laid in front of her. She gave a sad and tight smile. After a moment of silence, she spoke in a soft voice.

     "Perhaps. Maybe some part of my heart thinks in such a way, but you, out of all the people in the entire world, wouldn't understand the idea of mourning after your family. Would you, Enji?" She emphasized the word family to partly bring up the fact that his wife was slowly going insane.

     Enji stopped laughing. The smile once portrayed and present on his angled face was no where in sight.

     In all his years of existence, Enji had not expected such a reaction from the young queen. He had expected her to cry or break down at the reference to her long lost son. He had expected her to refuse to believe what he was saying was, in fact, the truth. 

     Maybe this was why people in the Villain Kingdom doesn't mess with the Midoriya Kingdom.

     Perhaps this was why Enji was scared of the queen.

     Little did they know that the reason the Villain Kingdom didn't mess with the Midoriya Kingdom is because of a certain family member there, who refuses to hurt his mother in any way.

     "So, this is my room," Katsuki said awkwardly. He went with the decision to be friendly, but, if he was being honest, he still couldn't decide on what he was going to do. He finished the tour of the castle by showing the prince his room.

     "Cool..." Shoto said. Then, there was silence once again between the two. "Yeah, so, this is really awkward, but- uh- I don't even know your name... I'm Shoto, by the way," Shoto said. Sure, he had probably heard the other prince's name pop up in meetings now and then, but Shoto never bothered to remember it.

     "Yeah, I don't think I'm ever going to call you by your actual name," Katsuki said plainly. It made the other turn his head in confusion as to why. "Katsuki." Katsuki said finally, adding his name at the very end.

     Shoto nodded his head. "Hey, do you know who the second mark belongs to?" Katsuki asked, pointing to his wrist. 

     Shoto shook his head as he lifted his arm to get a better look. The first one, or the farther one from him, was a crimson red with an "I" on it in yellow. It matched the eye and hair color of the person it was based off of.

     The second one, the one closer to him, was dark, forest green. A lighter emerald green was in the middle surrounded by what looked like a droplet of water. 

     "I thought you would know," Shoto said, shrugging. "Though, I didn't really care about the marks until now." He added in his usual monotone voice. He hadn't used the tone after the shock of finding a mate, but now that the shock was wearing off, he continued to be his usual self towards the other. 

     Katsuki looked as if Shoto had punched him in the guts. 

     "What?? 'I didn't really care'?! Getting a mark is a high honor! Getting to know that someone is waiting for you out there.. Someone who will always care and love for you even when you don't yourself!" Katsuki yelled, trailing off a bit at the end. Subconsciously, he released strong pheromones. Something he used to do a lot to scare the guards when he was younger.

     Shoto took a step back. He didn't know such a side existed in the other alpha. Truly, both of their initial shock had worn off. Shoto didn't know that Katsuki cared so much for a mark on his wrist.

     "I- Uh- I'm sorry.. I didn't know it meant so much to you," Shoto apologized, meaning his words. 

     The other alpha huffed and said, "Let's just go." They walked through the long corridors and hallways to stop at the big double doors to the meeting room. 

     "Why'd you sto-" Shoto started to say, but was cut off by the other's hand pressed firmly to his mouth. Shoto didn't understand why they weren't going inn, but the blonde prince put his ear to the door, so Shoto followed his mate. 

    Katsuki had heard another voice that belonged not to his mother or father, and not to his mate's father. He had heard the voice of someone he once had called 'Auntie'. 

Word Count: 1060