Chapter 15: Departing At Midnight

Izuku took a deep breath. The doors were locked, and there was no way out from the angry red dragon. His nostrils flared as he let out a large roar. 

     That's when Izuku noticed. He was hurt on his side, a few whip marks could be seen and blood was trailing from his scaled skin. 

      Izuku breathed, shaking in his skin, but he wanted to help him. He really did, so he walked with his hands out in front of his. Assuring the beast that he wasn't going to hurt him. 

      Though Boom stood his ground firmly, he found it amusing that the tiny boy would approach him. It was obvious that he couldn't harm him even if he tried, so Boom carefully let down his guard. 

     Izuku took this as a good sign and walked a bit faster to his side. Boom got a better smell of the omega, and quickly Boom thought that it reminded him of when he was a baby dragon that would play with his master with joy. 

     Boom laid down immediately and let Izuku touch him. 

     Izuku could swear he had heard the dragon purr when Izuku gave a small pet. He smiled with joy at the amazing creature. He had studied dragons for a very long time when he was younger, and he knew that their I.Q. was higher than humans by hundreds. 

     He then looked at the wound and took off his green vest, along with the sleeves of his under shirt. It was cold in the dungeon, even with the heat of the dragon, but Izuku shrugged it off. 

     He tried to patch the dragon up as efficiently as he could, and when he was satisfied, Boom licked his face. The thick saliva trailed down his face, and Izuku couldn't help but laugh. 

     "Thank you for the bath," Izuku said sarcastically, though his words were with a breathless laugh. 

     Boom curled up next to him and laid his giant head next to Izuku's body. 

     Just then, the door opened wide and Katsuki and Shoto rushed in with Hisashi. 

     They froze at the sight of Izuku with the dragon, and for a reason they couldn't understand, Shoto and Katsuki felt jealous of the cuddle. 

     Boom, however, was glad to see his master and nearly drowned Katsuki with licks and saliva. Shoto laughed quietly beside him and went to make sure Izuku was alright. 

     "Boom! I missed ya, you crazy lizard!" Katsuki shouted while he tried to pry Boom off of him. Shoto had to pull him out from under after a while though. 

     "Alright, alright, I let you see your dragon, now, the deal?" Hisashi said impatiently. He didn't care about the reunion at all and wanted to go already.

     Izuku tilted his head, taking some curls with him, "What 'deal'?"

     Katsuki sighed, "We made a deal." He said rather unhelpfully. "Boom, I know you're tired, but we need to get to our kingdom as quickly as possible."

     Boom roared in protest, but he acquiesced in the end. 

     Katsuki and Shoto got one with Hisashi following suit. Boom growled by the man's presence, but didn't make any motion to move him off. Katsuki had told him no to, and Boom didn't want to disappoint his master, even if Hisashi obviously made Katsuki uncomfortable. 

     Izuku stood near and wished them good luck on their flight. That is until Hisashi said, "Boy, listen closely, Kai's in charge until I get back. Listen to him, or there will be consequences, Izuku. Understand?"

     Izuku gave a curt nod before he walked back into the suddenly scary castle. 

     Kai would be here soon, so there was only one place Izuku felt even remotely safe. His room. As he walked there, he found Ochaco waiting for him by his door. 

     She smiled brightly as she held out a gray cupcake with a single candle, "Sorry, I know it's ugly, but it was the only thing I could find. It's midnight soon, and your birthday is tomorrow."

     Izuku had forgotten about that, "Right, thank you, Ocha."

     She gave a closed eyes smile before wishing him happy birthday and heading off. She would have stayed with him till midnight, but she needed to help Kai move some of his stuff in. 

     Izuku counted down, not that he was excited, it was more like he was too bothered to sleep. So, when midnight hit, and he blew out his candle, he waited for his mark to appear. 

     That is- until he got two. 

     Two of which he had already seen before. 

     Two of which were on Katsuki and Shoto's arms.

Word Count: 772