Chapter 25: Illness

Katsuki sighed heavily before dragging a hand down his face. His thoughts about his aunt and the archduke consuming his mind until he heard a shriek. 

     He was on his feet right away, and he made it to the source. It was Izuku's guest bedroom. He stopped right in front of the door.

     "I- I- don't think I can wear something like this," Izuku's voice said. Katsuki knocked and a maid exited the room.

     "Your highness," she greeted politely before bowing and leaving immediately. He was about to go ask her what she had made him wear when he heard the voice of his other mate, Shoto.

     "I think you look fine, Midoriya," Shoto said, and Katsuki could practically hear the smirk in his words. "You can come in, Kat."

     Katsuki hesitantly came inside, expecting- well, he didn't know what he was expecting in reality. He let a small gasp escape his mouth as he saw his mate clean with his bright green hair bouncing on his head. His clothes were a dark forest green vest with a clean white shirt and some pants that fit snugly on his legs. 

      He looked.... beautiful. Instead of telling Izuku directly, of course, he said it in his own Katsuki way, "Heh- Ya look like a nerd, nerd."

     Izuku squeaked before running behind Shoto like he was some shield, "Sh-Shochan said that it looked n-nice..."

     Katsuki raised one brow, "Oh, it's 'Shochan' now?" 

     Izuku turned red as Katsuki smirked. The moment was precious, and the prophet decided to ruin it because he thought that it was a horrible thing for his puzzle pieces to have such good moments. 

     A guard came rushing inside, his head covered in sweat which was running down his back. He huffed and panted loudly, "P-Prince Todoroki!"

     Katsuki and Shoto growled. Katsuki was the first to speak, "How dare you enter without the permission of-"

     "Prince Todoroki! Y-Your mother, her highness, is severely ill! Her days are limited!" the guard rushed, still out of breath from his journey. He had not stopped on horseback for miles. He didn't stop for water or food. The guard, who was an alpha, had his omega bride threatened to be taken away if he didn't reach them in time by Endeavor. 

      He collapsed to the ground, breathing shallow.

     "Guards! Take him to be treated. Until then...." Katsuki ordered, looking nervously back to Shoto, who seemed to be taking the new information in. 

     Shoto tsked, "Get my horse."

     "I'll be back soon, Katsuki,  Izuku. I'll- I'll be back soon," Shoto said, sadly looking the other way. His mother. His mother was ill, like she always was, but the day had finally come where she left this cruel, cruel world. 

     "Are you sure you don't want us to go with you?" Katsuki asked, worried that his mate would do something rash without thinking it out..... And he would miss his presence, even though it wasn't for too long. As well as wanting to comfort his lover.

     Shoto nodded, "It'd be quicker."

     Izuku whined, surprising himself as Shoto started to ride away with his snow-white horse.

     "He'll be fine, right, Kacchan?" Izuku asked, looking at his other mate. 

     Katsuki sighed before hugging Izuku close, "Yeah, he will be."

     How quick fate changed. One moment all of them were smiling being finally reunited. Now, Shoto's mother was at death's door, and the mates were separated once again.