seven

__ The day of the first task of the Triwizard tournament, it was a chilly day outside

__
The day of the first task of the Triwizard tournament, it was a chilly day outside. It was a cold breeze that hugged your skin with ease and cloudiness that still provided lightness.

"Bets! Place your bets!" The Weasley's said in union as they walked around taking money and giving a slip of paper.

"Step right up folks!"

"Bets taken, bets taken!" George yelled, waving a paper in the air.

"Who do you think will win this bloodbath!" They continued to shout, persuading people and hoping to make some more fun out of the tournament.

"Smart money's on Krum to survive! Any bets?" The both of them started going around the benches.

"Attention please! This is a great and astonishing day for all of us! Each of the three tasks involves incredible danger," Dumbledore announced loudly over the anticipated roaring crowd.

Everyone in the waiting tent were, well, waiting. The five Triwizard champions walked around either getting ready, fiddling with something, or even nervously walking around to deal with the ugly feeling in their stomach.

Y/N walked back and fourth from one end to the tent to the other. She couldn't stop thinking about ways to keep Harry Potter safe, and even keep her safe. She felt prepared with her practice with the gryfinndor, but at the same time, she was absolutely terrified to fail to the Dark Lord.

"Psst." Y/N brought her head up, hearing a noise from the other side of the tent. "Psst." She got closer and leaned close to the edge of the tent.

"Harry, is that you?" Y/N recognized that voice.

"No. I can get him for you."

Hermione was shocked to hear Y/N, but mainly embarrassed for assuming it was her best friend,
Harry. The girl thought for a moment, wanting to give some words of advice to Harry, however, she found it also comforting that she could savor a few seconds to spare with Y/N to comfort her too.

"Actually, that is quite fine. How're you feeling? Okay?"

Y/N was taken back. Not even Blaise came to visit her during this stressful time, he was too busy placing bets along with the other slytherins. Most of them even cheered you on to fail, and some for you to win and bring glory to the slytherin house. But to you, it wasn't about 'who's the best house' anymore, it was who was willing to survive this tournament.

  "I'm fine. And you?" Y/N replied nonchalantly.

Hermione leaned closer to the tent, whispering loudly to Y/N for her to hear properly. "I'm fine as well. The key is to concentrate." It was obvious in Hermione's voice that she was as nervous as everyone in the waiting tent. She feared for Harry and all them.

"After that you just have to-"

"Battle a dragon," Y/N cut her off. Hermione felt confident in Y/N, but she was also terrified that even with hope in the girl, it'll be shattered and jinxed. She was scared to see things go wrong and have that moment be their last.