twelve

__

__

"Hey Y/N! Tomorrow is the ball and I heard you don-"

"Fuck off," Y/N spat as she walked past the innocent ravenclaw, he stood in place watching Y/N disappear into the halls.

  Y/N was much grumpier than usual, and that's just putting it lightly. Every little thing drove her to the edge, the only thing on her mind was the next task and her father's words on the letter that haunted her still. It felt as if it were hovering over her head, defining her every action.

The only thing she needed was to bring glory for her family; her mother and.. her.

"Y/N!" Blaise called out, jogging to reach her. He called her once more.

The slytherin girl just ducked her head down, hoping Blaise would leave her alone, she didn't want to see anyone. Surely he took the hint, he dropped his shoulders and watched you drift into your own thoughts.

  Y/N arrived to her class, sitting in her spot in herbology. She looked down to see a piece of paper that said:

You. Me. Yuleball. (:

-Terry Boot

Then it had a drawing of her and the guy dancing, moving in place like a video.

Y/N glanced at the ravenclaw behind her, seeing a smile form on his blushing face. She crumpled the paper for him to see, and dropped the paper to the ground, crushing it with her foot. His smile soon fell.

The slytherin sat down in her seat. And as soon as class began, she dozed off, laying her head on her hand.

Throughout the lecture, Hermione sat on the other side of the room, almost close to Y/N which made it easier to see her. Every now and then, she could feel her eyes glance at the disinterested girl.

Hermione tried focusing in class, taking notes like the good girl she is, but Y/N somehow was a new distraction to her. She was quite concerned for how dull she looked.

Hermione nudged Harry's elbow with hers. He looked up from his paper to Hermione, furrowing his eyebrows, a bit annoyed he was interrupted.

Hermione opened her mouth, but stopped when she caught a glimpse of his paper.

♥ ♥
♥ ♥ cho ♥ ♥
♥ ♥

Harry immediately covered the paper, clearing up his throat, "what Hermione?"

"Uhm — okay then. Anyways, don't you think it's a bit odd how Y/N is acting?" The two looked at Y/N who just looked drained and pale.

"She looks quite ill, but other than that, she looks fine to me," Harry spoke in a whisper.

"She looks so..off. I don't know what it is." Hermione wanted to know badly what was different about the girl, it was like she was the only person who could read into her.

"Maybe Daphne did something to her. Apparently, they snooped around together yesterday. I reckon she's going with her, and is driving her mad," he suggested as he went back to his little drawing to distract himself from the class.

Her heartbeat quickened, and her feet tapped faster than it already was. Hermione went back to writing. She didn't notice, but her knuckles were turning pale at how hard she gripped the pencil, tightening and having the inside slowly crack.

**

When class ended, Y/N was the first to pick her stuff up and leave. Hermione watched her zoom out of class like the speed of light, it was oddly impressive.

But Hermione rushed too. Quickly saying her goodbye to Hardy, she picked up her things, and secretly followed Y/N. She made sure she had a good distance between them, so Y/N wouldn't catch her.

Y/N led herself to the girls bathroom and abruptly dropped her books to the ground, rushing to the sink to wash her face with cold water.

Hermione arrived seconds later, peeking around the wall and hugging her books close to her chest.

The slytherin cupped her hands together and let the cold water run. She bent down, pouring the water from her hands to her face, letting it all sink in, in hopes to wash over the words of her father's.

She didn't dare gasp for air when the water captured her breath.

"What're you doing?" Y/N shot up, seeing the reflection of Hermione on the mirror. "Leave Hermione," she sternly replied, having her eyes drift to the running water.

"I heard you were going to the dance with Daphne Greengrass." Hermione felt bold, she walked bit by bit, getting a little closer to Y/N.

"Hermione," Y/N warned. She placed both of her hands on the side of the sink, gripping the edges tightly.

She could feel her patience running thin, and a heated circle drew over her chest, feeling heavy and irritating.

Hermione saw Y/N's shut her eyes close and gulp something down through the reflection. Her concerns only heightened. "Y/N-"

"Hermione, so help me God, lay off. Back away."
Y/N  scowled at her, sucking in a breath to control herself.

  That didn't seem to intimidate Hermione, because she only continued taking steps.

"Is this about Krum? Because-"

"Get your filthy blood away from me," she hissed coldly.

Hermione immediately felt herself go numb.

Y/N harshly turned around, exposing her clouded eyes and cold-blooded look.

  "I don't care about the Yule ball, I don't care about the dancing, or — or being the fucking heartthrob. I've heard enough. Y-you bug me about this and that, constantly nagging me. Not everything is about Hogwarts. There are real problems out there. Stop being so childish," Y/N yelled sharply, grumbling out the anger and stress to the girl.

Hermione swallowed down the malicious insults, taking in the new Y/N, the true slytherin that hid beneath the shadows of that fake persona she held.

'She was truly a liar' Hermione thought to herself.

"You, Y/N, are truly evil." She managed to say, despite the gaping hole in her throat, making it seem hard to gather the words out properly. Hermione tried not to be affected by her words, but for some reason, the unexpectedness that came from her, shattered her — like a broken glass skittering down her stitched heart, leaving it to bleed again.

"Just leave me alone," Y/N hissed. Hermione just stayed frozen, quietly whimpering and having her tears fall from her face.

Y/N grabbed her books from the ground and chucked them at Hermione, but her arms were still heavy from the incident, so she missed terribly.

"Leave!" Y/N cried out.

  Hermione cried even harder, shaking her head. Her stubbornness and gryfinndor heart battled through her thoughts of complexity. Although her mind desperately told her to go, her heart begged her to stay — help her.

She pushed everything in her to finally leave.

Leave Y/N to herself, alone.

As soon as Hermione left, Y/N's legs wobbled, losing its balance and giving in. Y/N fell onto the ground.

She repeatedly yelled, gouging her vocal chords and slamming her fist onto the ground till the skin on her knuckles teared a little with blood spilling out.

__