eight

__

__

"Brilliant!" Blaise was the first to congratulate Y/N as she entered the common room. Once she was fully inside, almost everyone in the room applauded the girl, taking back every foul word they said. "Well done Y/L. I must say, I was expecting you to fall with despair like a looney, but you actually did a decent job." Y/N knew deep down Draco wanted to rephrase himself, but there were people around, he didn't want his persona to falter.

"Gee thanks Malfoy," she thanked before passing him, holding up the egg for everyone to see. "Here goes nothing, eh?" Y/N stood on top of the one of the marbled tables, twisting the top open. The flaps opened, letting out an awful high-pitch shriek, this made everyone cover their ears and cringe at the horrific noises.

Y/N immediately closed it and looked at everyone who stared at the egg weirdly. "That's the clue? Screaming?" Theodore asked, puzzled at the egg.

"If we wanted to hear that screaming, we could just lean over Draco's door at night," Daphne snickered, earning a few laughs from people.

"Oh bugger off you filthy cunt," Draco spat.

"I don't get it. What am I supposed to do with this junk?" Y/N carefully hopped off the table, examining the egg all over to see if there were any secret writings on it.

"Maybe you're supposed to cook it," Crabbe suggested. Everyone faced him, judging his stupidity.

"I reckon you ask a ravenclaw. Who cares if you cheat, they must know what's in there," Blaise offered an idea. Y/N thought about it, sighing out a 'maybe' to her best friend, but in reality she wondered if her father would send in another letter for help.

**

Everyone cheered Harry on as he spun around slowly showing off the egg in the air.

"Yes Harry!" Harry threw the egg when he felt himself being carried up in the air by Fred and George.

"Knew you wouldn't die, Harry-"

"Lose a leg-"

"Or an arm-"

"Pack it in altogether-"

"Never!" They finished together. Harry looked down at them, thrilled to have support coming from them and the others in the room.

"Shush!" Seamus shouted over the crowd as he grabbed the egg from someone. He placed a gentle kiss before handing it to Harry. "Go on, Harry! What's the clue?"

Harry grabbed it from his hands, glancing from the egg to the people. "Who wants me to open it?"
He teasingly said.

"Yeah!" They said in union.

"Do you want me to open it?" He said even louder, and the people once again repeated themselves a little louder as well.

Harry turned the capsule on top, and just like Y/N's egg, a high-pitch noise rebounded around the walls. The Weasley's dropped Harry to follow everyone by covering their ears, and even the paintings did the same.