thirteen

__

__

It was the day of the Yule ball and everyone excitingly got ready for the special night. It was a beautiful snowy Christmas Eve day, the coldness outside just brought more comfort inside.

Ron stared into the mirror, taking in the suit his mom gave him. "Bloody hell," he cursed as he turned from one side to the other to check himself out.

It was like every angle it got worse. Ron kept cursing to himself, hoping it would somehow make his suit look more presentable.

Harry walked into the room with a nice tailored suit, having his eyes dart to Ron's suit. He just stood by the doorframe.

Ron saw Harry from the reflection of the mirror. "W-What?! Where'd you get those!" He turned around and pointed to Harry's suit.

Harry stepped inside further, quickly looking down to his attire. "They're just my dress robes."

"They're alright," Ron exclaimed and looked back to his to compare before continuing. "Mine look absolutely horrid and old and-"

"I think they looked traditional," Harry comforted his best friend. Ron looked at Harry like he was going insane. "Traditional? They're ancient."

"I look like my great-aunt Tessie-" Ron lifted up his arm, sniffing down to the clothing, "-smell like my great-aunt Tessie."

"You look fine, Ron. Really." Harry patted Ron's shoulder then fixed the bonnet, adjusting it to not look crooked. "You think so?"

"I know so."

**

Y/N walked down the steps with her heels clacking with each step she went down on, and strutted slowly with her forest green slip-on silk dress — it had a small slit on the side. It looks quite tightening, but it was comfortable for the girl, a mix of flow with it. Her hair was slicked back, she had her class ring, and a silver necklace of a flower that was given to her as a gift from her. [ if you prefer suit that can work. the attire isn't tht important ! ]

"Poor girl. I can just imagine herself crying in her room." Y/N she heard. She looked at the side of her eye, slowing down, seeing Ronald chatting it up with Harry. The chosen one leaned closer, curious on what he meant. "Who are you talking about?"

Ron sighed in frustration. "Hermione, you slug. She didn't tell us who her date was, it's obvious she didn't because she doesn't have one," he explained.

Y/N found herself hooked to what he had to say more about Hermione, but she soon shook it off, realizing how disgusting it was to nosey off like that. She picked up her pace, and past the both of them.

The two boys saw a girl breeze by them, widening both of their eyes as they watched. "Bloody hell. Who's that?" Ron said aloud as him and his friend froze in place.