nine

__

__

"The Yule ball has been a tradition of the-" she paused, glancing at Filch, who was making noises and having trouble setting up the record.

"-Triwizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests, gather in the great hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity." Professor McGonagall finished as she looked around to the students that sat in rows on different sides of the room.

"As representatives of the host school, I expect each and everyone of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball, is first and foremost.. a dance." All the students looked at each other, some excited and some grossed out.

Hermione subconsciously looked up at Y/N, sitting a few seats above her. Y/N felt a pair of eyes on her, so turning to the direction, she made eye contact with Hermione.

Y/N wasn't with Professor Snape and the other slytherins for their instruction on the Yule ball. The room was overcrowded, so some slytherins had to be split up. In this case, Y/N was put with the gryffindors.

The gryffindor sent a smile, and not expecting anything else, Y/N send a halfhearted smile that soon quickly faded so no one else could see — it was for Hermione's eyes only.

Y/N faced back to the Professor.

Hermione's never seen her smile, it was new. Her eyes glanced around her and could see some of the girls looking at Y/N too, whispering to one another.

She rolled her eyes and brought back her attention to the front.

Most the guys groaned, gagging at the thought of a dance.

"Silence!" Professor raised her voice. The noises in the room died down. "The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

"Try saying that five times faster," Fred whispered to George.

George smirked. "Babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

Fred repeated after George, whispering the same words, "babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

"Now to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst off and take flight." She looked at the girls on one side, widening her arms in a gently manner.

Ron looked around the room, chuckling to himself and leaned to Seamus, "something is about burst out Eloise Midgen, but I don't think it's a swan." Seamus, Dean, and Harry laughed at his comment but suddenly stopped as Professor McGonagall made eye contact with Ron.

"And inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr.Weasley," she called, walking closer.

"Yes," Ron mumbled, sinking into his seat. "Will you join me please?" She laid out her hand in front of the redhead. He sat there, not wanting to move, but Professor grabbed the collar of his sweater, making Ron stand up to follow her.