Chapter 2

For the rest of the day, I stay in my room. No one comes to talk to me so I play with Princess. When Cecily tells me to go down for lunch, I go down, eat my food as fast as I can, and come back up. Same thing with dinner. When the day is over, I'm thankful. Tomorrow should be better, I mean, two of my best friends are getting married. I go to sleep without a second thought.

*********

"Camry," someone whispers.

"Camry, wake up," someone shakes me awake.

I open my eyes to find Daxton standing over me.

"Daxton? What are you doing here?" I wonder. He hasn't came to my room in a week.

"I brought you a surprise....and came to apologize," he says sheepishly.

"Okay," I say expectantly.

"I'm sorry for being an idiot and not seeing what I already had. So I brought you something," he says.

He motions for someone to come over to my bedside. As the person gets closer, I see it's Cecily. She's holding a tray.

"Sit up," he instructs. I do as he says and Cecily places the tray in my lap. On the tray, is what I've been asking for since I arrived at the palace.

"You got me Reeses Puffs!" I exclaim.

"Yes, love. I thought that would be the best way to make it up to you," he says.

"I haven't had these in months," I smile as I scoup some of the cereal into my mouth. Mmhm. I missed the taste of these.

"Where did they come from? I though you didn't serve them at the palace," I wonder.

"We don't so I had Pierre order a box of them," he informs me.

"They're delicious," I mumble.

"I think you need to finish up, love," he says.

"Why?" I groan.

"Because it's Alexa and James' wedding day and everyone needs to get ready," he says.

I gasp. I had forgottent with him waking me up and bringing me my favorite cereal. Cecily quickly takes the tray and Daxton helps me out of bed.

"You know where to go to get ready?" he asks.

"Yeah, Alexa's drilled it into my head all week," I mutter.

"It's 11:00," Daxton reads the time off his watch.

"Crap. The wedding starts at 4:00," I say.

"Isn't that enough time to get ready? It's only eleven," he says as we rush down the hall.

"Daxton, I have to be in hair and makeup for about two hours. So that puts us at about 1:00. We're going to have to eat at sometime so that's 1:30. She doesn't want us to eat with the dresses on so we have to go and put them on. Then she wants me, her, and Rose to take pictures. That could take about one hour so that's 3:00. Everyone arrives at three and we get started at four," I say out of breath.

We arrive at the room where I'm supposed to get ready but the doors locked.

"I'll go get a set of keys," Daxton says and runs off, leaving me alone.

"Is that what you're wearing to the wedding?" Sabrina scoffs from behind me.

"Sabrina, I'm Alexa's maid of honor. Why on earth would I wear shorts and a t-shirt?" I spit.

"Because it's trash just like you," she laughs.

I ignore her taunting.

"Daxton should just throw you out. I mean, he doesn't even talk to you anymore, you must have done something to offend him. You should just ask to leave yourself," she spits.