Chapter 22

Daxton's POV

People love surprises. I love surprises. Birthday surprises. Wedding surprises. Holiday surprises.

It sure was a surprise to find out all of my friends at left the palace. I looked for them everywhere. I checked James and Alexa's suite, Rose's suite, the library, the pool, even Camry's old room. They were nowhere to be found. I asked some of the guards and they said they had seen all of my friends leave. And by leave, I mean they left with Camry.

I had no way of getting in touch with them either. What was I supposed to do? Send a telegram? I don't think so. I didn't even know where they would go.

When I told my parents Rose, James, and Alexa had left they caused such a fuss. Sent everyone into chaos. But all of that was minor things compared to what my mother said.

"So all of your friends up and left you and Camry?" she had asked.

To be honest, I was shocked she didn't know Camry wasn't here.

"Mom, they went with Camry," I admitted to her.

She was angry. I haven't been spanked since I was a child. Ten, maybe. Well, let me tell you, my mom spanked me then. In front of the rest of the girls. Talk about humiliating.

Then, on one of our news channels, Camry was on there. Well, Camry and everyone else. It was her saying she was signing autographs. Or James saying she was going to. Why in the world was she going to sign autographs? Then it showed a video of her telling someone off. It starts with her saying something. I then realized she's defending me. Kind of.

 The last a heard of their whereabouts was the White House. I think.

Why did I kick her out? Because of what her and James did, a small part of my mind says. But what if Genesis was really lying? Why didn't I ask her for the story? And James! He's my best friend. I was blinded by what Genesis said. Who knows if what they did is true. I miss Camry. Even if I don't want to. I miss her.

***

All throughout the next couple days, I've been zoning in and out thinking about Camry. Is that bad? I have wonderful ladies here for me and I'm thinking about one I sent home. But I have told no one of this because it could turn out badly.

I know sit in my I study, trying to work. Yeah, that isn't working out. I keep thinking of Camry. I need to get in touch with her. Now. But how? Before I can think of anyways to, there's a knock at my door.

"Come in," I allow.

Sabrina walks in and smiles meekly at me.

"Hello, darling. How can I help you?" I smile back at her.

She bites her lip and seems to be deep in thought. That's when I notice what she's wearing. Sabrina was always the girl to wear dresses with plunging necklines filled, high heels, and a lot of jewelry. Right now, she has on a modest, simple dress that falls to her knees with flats on and barely any makeup. No plunging neckline, no heels, no jewelry.

"Sabrina?" I ask her, concerned.

"I was wondering if we could talk," she asks shyly.

Sabrina Carter is many things but shy isn't one of them.

"Of course," I nod.

She looks around for a second and then back at me.

"Can we go for a walk?" she suggests.

"Alright," I agree, more than confused now.

The walk from the halls to the gardens is silent. She doesn't speak until we're outside.

"You miss her," Sabrina announces looking around the gardens.

I'm taken aback by her proclamation. Most girls wouldn't notice I missed Camry. It shows that Sabrina is observatory.

"You noticed?" I whisper.

"Daxton, it's clear to anyone with eyes," she smiles sadly.

"Then how come the other girls haven't said anything?" I wonder.

"Because they choose not to see it," she stops and sits down on one of our benches.

"But you do?" I question.

"Obviously," she laughs.

There's the Sabrina I know.

"You love her," she accuses.

"That's a very serious thing to accuse someone of," I mutter.

"You love her," she repeats.

"Sabrina, I don't know that! I don't know what love is! I just know I'm supposed to find it during this competition. And Camry basically said she doesn't trust me. How can I love someone who doesn't trust me? I need more time. I have all these lovely ladies here, yourself included, who I haven't really given I chance. I think it's time I gave all of you a chance," I'm almost yelling now and I know I need to calm down.

"So you're going to keep these girls here on false hope?" she asks calmly.

"Camry isn't the one. Any one of these girls could be the one. I just need to give them a chance to do that," I mumble.

"Okay, so you give them a chance. I think you should bring Camry back," she shrugs.

"You do realize you're competing against her?" I wonder.

"Bring her back. Call her. Do something to show that you still care because I know you do," Sabrina pleads.

This is very unlike her. Sabrina's the fierce type. The one who will fight for what she wants. I liked that in her. She's different. She isn't fighting anymore.

"Sabrina? What are you doing?" I ask her.

She thinks for second.

"I can see you want her back. I'm trying to help you," she explains.

"Why would you want to help me? Help her? Are you saying you out of the competition" I asks, panicking.

"Daxton, no. I won't be out of the competition if you don't want me to," she smiles.

"What are you offering?" I furrow my eyebrows.

She takes a deep breath, seeming to be afraid of what she's going to say next.

"I'm offering you a friend. All of your friends are gone right now so I'll be here for you. I'll help you bring Camry back," she says.

When Sabrina offered something to me before, it seemed half-hearted. She only offered because she knew she would get something out of it. This time, it seems sincere. I can't figure out anything she would get out of helping me bring Camry back.

"Friends?" she holds out her hand.

"Friends," I nod and shake her hand.

A/N: PIVOT! Ha, sorry. I just couldn't help myself with the whole FRIENDS thing. And if you don't know what friends is or don't watch it, you probably don't understand why I said Pivot. Ha.

So anyway, I apologize for the late update. Friday I was at my grandparents all day and Saturday I had to watch my siblings and then go to a wedding. So again, I apologize but I was busy.

I will try to update this weekend but I leaving for Hawaii on Sunday so I don't know yet.

Tell me what you thought of this chapter! It was in Daxton POV as asked. The book will probably have 26 chapters. Getting close to the end of book two! The cover contest ends on August 7th. Don't forget. The winner will get a follow, dedication, their cover will be used-obviously-, and they will get the choice of any chapter in this book to be told in another characters POV besides Camry. Vote~Comment~Support~Feedback. xoxo Alexis.

Special word: pivot.