Chapter 15

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" James jumps on my bed.

"Go away! Go away! Go away!" I groan.

"Not so fast, princess. You have signings to do," Alexa sings.

"At ten," I mumble into my pillow.

"It's 9:30," James deadpans.

"Fine, I guess I'll get up," I sit up in my bed.

The minute I do, I'm pulled all the way out of bed and into a chair.

"What are you doing?" I groggily ask.

"You can't just go out there with sweats on, Cam. It'd be weird," Emory laughs.

"I wasn't planning on wearing sweats," I lie.

Cross that idea off the list.

"Sure you weren't," she says sarcastically.

"I still don't understand why I'm in this chair and not getting ready," I point out.

"Because we are going to get you ready. Or at least me, Alexa, and Emory," Rose appears in the doorway. She turns to James. "Leave," she commands.

"Okay, fine. Ms. Bossy," he mutters as he walks out.

"I may not know as much as maids on hair and makeup but I know enough," she smirks.

They heat up my old curling iron and set my makeup supplies on the vanity. Yes, I did own a curling iron and some makeup. I just didn't wear it a lot.

Alexa is tasked with curling and styling my hair. The curls are something she calls bombshell curls. I have no idea what that means. But I do know they look good on me. While Alexa finishes my hair, Rose gets to work on my makeup.

"Light," I glare at her.

"I'm not going to make you look like a clown," she rolls her eyes, making me nervous.

I notice she doesn't put any of that foundation stuff or base stuff on me. So that means she's being true to her word. She brushes eye shadow on my lids and a touch of eyeliner. As always, my mascara is the most pronounced.

When she's finished, I look in the mirror. It's like I'm make at the palace. I look as if my maids have fixed me up for the day. But my maids aren't here. And I'm not at the palace. I swallow the lump in my throat and smile.

"Rose, you really can do makeup," my eyes are wide and she hits my arm.

"You shouldn't have underestimated me," she frowns.

"You need to put on your dress," Emory calls from my bed.

The dress the make me wear is a day dress, thankfully. The top of it is white and right above the waist, a really intricate pattern starts. The pattern goes from red and aquamarine to navy and aquamarine.

I turn and look at my friends. The princess and the duchess. Who would have thought they would be getting me ready? Not me.

"Camry! It's 10:00. You need to be out there now," James yells.

The girls push me out of my room and into the hallway. James grabs my hand and pulls me out of the house. On the front lawn, is a table with three chairs behind it. In front of the table, is a line of people.

"What about breakfast?" I say as I'm led over to the table.

"I'll have your mother bring it out to you," he assures me.

He goes to walk away but I stop him.

"Why are you acting like this?" I ask him.

"Acting like what?" he plays dumb.

"You're doing everything you can to make me look good. Even if I don't want to do it. You want me back at the castle, don't you?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he shrugs and walks back inside the house.

Ugh, he can be so frustrating. I know what he's doing but Daxton doesn't want me back. He already sent me home.

I sit down in the middle chair of the table and greet the first person. She excitedly talks with me while I sign everything she wants me to sign. These people act like I'm a celebrity, as if I'm the princess. If they want a princess, go find Rose.

A lot of these people have made buttons or banners that say Camxton or Daxry. They must really ship me and Daxton. I think my favorite ship name is Camxton. Like it matters.

At 11:00, I still have not had breakfast. And I'm mad. I've been out here, alone, for the past hour talking to "fans". At 11:30, I'm not mad. I'm furious.

"Excuse me for a moment," I smile to the lady I was to talking to.

Storming inside my house, I slam the door closed.

"Where is food? Where is backup?" I yell.

My friends sheepishly poke their heads out.

"Oh, yeah. Here's your plate," Emory hands me a plate with bacon and eggs on it.

"Why aren't you out here with me?" I whine.

"Because the people want to see you. They've seen enough of me and Alexa. They know who Rose is. They want you," James pushes me back outside with my plate of food.

As of right now, I hate my friends. But I keep going.

At exactly 6:00 on the dot, I excuse myself saying I won't be doing anymore signings today. Everyone groans but I don't care. I walk inside my house and close the door. Pulling my body into the living room, I collapse onto the couch. I immediately fall asleep.

***

I wake up to bright blinding lights. Immediately, I cover my eyes with my hands and sit up. In front of me, photographers are snapping shots of me. How creepy. I close the blinds and walk into my room.

"We can't stay here," James is saying.

"Where can we go?" Alexa sighs.

"I don't-," they break off when they see me.

"Finally, you're up," Devon groans.

"What were you guys talking about?" I motion to them.

"It's not safe here," Rose starts.

"For you guys? Because you're all important people?" I wonder.

They all give me incredulous looks.

"Camry, we all need somewhere safer. That includes you. Mainly you. I'm the princess of England. I'm from England. Not the U.S. You're from here so the people love you more. We need somewhere with higher security," she explains.

If they thought I was so important, then why did they make me do those signings?

They all haves started conversing again. I notice Devon looking at the floor and shaking his head.

"What Devon?" I ask.

"Huh?" his head jerks up.

"Why were you shaking your head?" I rephrase the question.

"Oh. I know someplace with high security," he shrugs.

Everyone is quiet.

"Where?" James asks after a minute.

"The White House," he smirks.

Sometimes I forget he's the presidents son.

A/N: Hey, you guys. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I was sick and felt awful so I couldn't update. I really want to update more of this story. One of the reasons being because I need to finish the series in order to write more stories or fanfictions. For example, a Harry Potter fanfiction. So yeah. Comment and Vote! xoxo Alexis