Chapter 20

Adam stares at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What?" he asks clearly confused.

"I want to hang out," I shrug.

I expect him to say something about my friends but he doesn't. Instead, he narrows his eyes, as if he's analyzing me. Then he smiles.

"Sure," he shrugs.

"Really?" I ask, surprised.

"Yeah. So what do you want to do exactly?" he wonders.

"I hadn't thought of that," I admit.

I expected him to reject my offer.

"We could watch a movie," he suggests.

I scrunch my nose up, not really wanting to do that."Let's call that Plan B," I say and he laughs.

"Okay...we could go to the bowling alley," he proposes.

I don't exactly bowl and by that, I mean I've never been bowling. There's a first time for everything.

"Cool," I agree.

We leave his room and he guides me through a bunch of hallways. I hear people up ahead and peek out from behind Adam.

"Look, its Adam. The president's son," someone yells.

Adam stiffens up.

"Who's that with him?" I hear someone whisper.

"Come on, the bowling alleys this way," Adam leads us around and away from the group.

Turns out, I suck at bowling. Legit suck. And it probably would have helped if there weren't a bunch of people watching me. Yeah, that group from earlier followed us into the bowling alley and have been snapping pictures ever since.

 "Would you like to move onto Plan B?" Adam raises an eyebrow at me.

"Most definitely," I nod.

Adam takes my hand, much to my surprise, and leads me out of the bowling alley. He leads us, again, down many different corridors until we reach a door. The door opens to a set of stairs.

 "This isn't creepy at all," I mumble.

"The movie theater is down here," he chuckles.

The room we walk into is dark. When he turns the lights on, the movie theater reminds me of the palace's. I'd only been in there once, a failed date attempt, but it's enough to make my throat constrict with tears.

"Camry, are you okay?" Adam asks.

I swallow the tears and force a smile onto my face.

 "Yeah, of course," I nod.

"Would you like to pick the movie?" he offers.

"Nah, it's okay. You pick," I shrug.

Adam picks a horror film. A freaking horror film.I should have picked. I detest horror movies. They scare me half to death and I don't like feeling scared. All throughout the movie, my face is buried in Adam's chest so to avoid the movie. My hands squeeze his arm and I squeal. This is why I hate horror movies. It brings out my girly side.

"Did you like it?" Adam finally asks when it's over.

My face is still buried in his chest.

"I hate you," I mumble.

When I pull myself out of my hiding spot, our faces out inches apart. His blue eyes sparkle with something I just can't place. His sandy hair falls a little into his eyes. Then he closes the distance between us. His lips are soft and sweet. I kiss him back. I'm kissing a guy a barely know. Oh, well. My chest hurts, as I remember the last guy I kissed. Or the first guy I kissed. But I push the thoughts away. I can't think about Daxton anymore. I'm going to have to date other guys if I want to find the right guy for me.What if I've already found him?I push that thought away, also, focusing solely on Adam. He breaks away and offers me a smile. I smile back, ignoring the pain in my chest, ignoring all my thoughts screaming this is wrong.

"You hungry?" he asks.

My stomach growls in response.

"I'll take that as a yes," he laughs.

I follow him up and out of the movie theater, around a couple turns and then down another set of stairs. We emerge into the kitchen.

"What are we doing in here?" I wonder.

"I'm going to make you dinner," he smiles.

"You cook?" I raise my eyebrows, shocked.

"Yeah, the kitchen is my favorite room in the House."

"Cool," I smile.

He moves gracefully around the already busy kitchen, grabbing things. Then he starts to mix them all together.

"What are you making?" I wonder.

"You'll see," he smirks.

Rolling my eyes, I rest my head on my arms.

***

"Camry, wake up," someone shakes me.

"Go away," I mutter

."Don't you want to eat," the person asks.

I sit up at the mention of food. Looking around, I see I'm in a kitchen. Oh, right. The kitchen. The kiss. I blush, looking at my hands.

"Come on," Adam grabs my hand and pulls me up and out of the room.

I don't really pay attention to where we're going. But when we stop, I see we're on a balcony and the sun is setting. Adam sits on the ground and starts pulling things out of a picnic basket. Has he had that the whole time?

"Aren't you going to sit down?" he raises an eyebrow.

"Of course," I nod.

Sitting down across from him, I survey what he brought for dinner. Spaghetti. Yum. He hands me a plate. I quickly say a blessing and dig into my food.

"Is it good?" he wonders.

"Delicious," I moan.

We sit in silence, eating. After couple minutes, Adam glances at me and tries to hold back a grin.

"What?" I pout.

"Come here," he motions me forward with his hand.

Suspiciously, I sit next to him. He gets a napkin and gently wipes around my mouth.

"What are you doing?" I laugh.

"You had spaghetti sauce around your mouth," he smiles.

"Well thank you for getting it," I return his smile.

We're sitting really close. Our faces, inches apart. Again. He closes that distance with his lips. I kiss him back, even though, yet again, all my instincts scream not to. I need to kiss him back. I need to move on. Camry, you need to move on.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. I'm just trying to move the story along so I can get to the next book. Speaking of the next book, the deadline for the cover contest is on August 1. If you submit anytime after that, I won't take it. Feedback~Support~Comment~Vote. xoxo Alexis.

Special Word: food