Chapter 6

Alexa and James lead the way to up the stairs to their suite. The second Alexa gets inside, she collapses on the bed.

"I'm exhausted," she groans.

"Do you want us to leave?" Daxton asks going towards the door.

"No! We most certainly do not," James says sounding like a child.

"Good, because I wasn't leaving," I say and Alexa laughs.

"I missed you," she says getting up to give me a hug.

"I know," I smile.

"You need to change," Alexa points to both me and Rose's dresses.

She was right. Their suite was pretty big but not big enough for two girls in huge puffy ball gowns, three men, and another girl.

"My room's right down the hall. I'll go change and be right back," Rose says and leaves.

"You can borrow some of my clothes," Alexa says and starts to drag me into her vast bathroom.

"Can I come?" Daxton asks.

"Nope," we say in unison.

"It was worth a try, man," Devon mutters. I roll my eyes at their attempt to flirt.

Alexa leaves the bathroom and goes into her vast closet. She returns with a bundle of gray and black. When she lays the clothes out on the counter, I stare in shock.

"How were you able to keep these? I thought they'd make you throw all your clothes out," I whisper. On the counter lay baggie gray sweatpants and an oversized black sweater.

"Now that I'm married and have a permanent home in the palace, they let me keep all my sweats and regular outfits. James said the only reason everyone's wearing ball gowns and dresses is because of the Selection and to impress Daxton. He said that most the time, Aunt Isabel walks around in sweats. The only time she actually dresses up is if she has to go to a meeting or if she's addressing the public," Alexa explains.

"Aunt Isabel?" I raise an eyebrow as she helps me get out of my dress.

"Before James and I left for our honeymoon, she pulled us aside to congratulate us and told me to call her Aunt Isabel from now on," she says.

"Aah," I say as I step into the sweats.

"So are you the new princess yet?" she whispers. My eyes grow wide and I shake my head.

"Why would you ask that?" I wonder.

"Because you're wearing a tiara," she points at the ruby and silver headband that just so happens to go with my outfit.

"Oh, no I'm not the princess. Do you think the other girls would be here if I was?" I laugh.

"I guess not. Where'd you get it?" she wonders.

"From Daxton," I sigh and her eyes go wide.

"Camry!" she whisper/hisses.

"What?" I whisper/hiss back.

"He gave you a tiara," she says.

"Okay...and?"

"Why haven't you just said yes?" she pushes.

"In order for me to say yes, he has to propose," I say flatly.

"Would you say yes if he did propose?" she says.

"No...I don't know!"

"Why?"

"If you haven't noticed, most people don't get married at eighteen," I sigh.