Prologue.

Y/N POV
I was standing in my Commanding Officer's office. I had been fighting in a war against the DPRK, better known as North Korea, for the last two years. I had enlisted in the United States Army, and after diplomatic situations with China and Russia went stupidly well, I found myself fighting alongside Russians, Germans, Brits, and the Chinese. I had enlisted for the duration of the war, I was a artilleryman. In 2023, our battery was stormed by a unit of South Korean resistance members, die hard communists that were sympathetic to the North Korean cause. They charged us, guns blazing and bayonets drawn. Before we could get our AR-15s and our German Allies could grab their G3's, they got our senior officers. I stood up and took charge, directing fire and stuffing the charge, I even managed to put more artillery out for our comrades in the thick of it. It took us two years but we whooped North Korea's ass, and was able to fix the government, and get rid of their damn missile program. I was now standing in my Commanding Officers office, and he is looking over my recommendation for the Medal of Honor. He says.

CO: You've enlisted for the length of the war correct?

Y/N: Yes sir.

CO: well, we'll get you back overseas, but you'll have to go to DC before you go home.

Y/N: Why's that sir?

He pulls out a pen, and signs the paper.

CO: You're a recipient of America's highest Military honor, congratulations.

My mouth drops.

CO: You will be discharged after your award ceremony.

Y/N: W-wow! I wasn't thinking this was going to happen!

CO: Go pack your gear, and arrange for your family to be at your Ceremony.

I run back to my bunk, and pack up all of my clothes, and call my parent's landline back in Possum Springs.

Y/N: Hey mom.

M/N: What's up Y/N?

Y/N: I'm coming home soon, but I need you guys at DC if you can get there.

M/N: Why's that?

Y/N: I'm getting awarded the Medal of Honor, my ceremony is in a few weeks.

M/N: Oh! Have you told your friends you're coming home yet?

Y/N: No, I'm going to surprise them! Gregg and Angus haven't left for Bright Harbor yet right?

M/N: Oh, yeah, you probably wouldn't know. Angus and Gregg broke up. Gregg opted to stay back here, and Angus moved out to Bright Harbor.

Wait, Gregg and Angus broke up?! What?

Y/N: They broke up? When?

M/N: About a month ago.

Y/N: Is Gregg okay?

M/N: He pretends to be, but I can tell he's upset about it.

Y/N: I'll call him, or Skype with him or something.

M/N: Good idea.

We finish talking, and she hangs up. I immediately dial up Gregg. He picks up after a few rings, he says

Gregg: Hello?

Yeah, he's not okay. He said that very monotone, and it was shakey, like he was crying.

Y/N: Hey dude, it's Y/N.

He immediately gets very energetic.

Gregg: Yo Yo Yo! What's up Y/N? We haven't talked in ages!

Y/N: I know! It's criminal I haven't called sooner!

Gregg: How's life in a free North Korea?

Y/N: Good! I know I promised I'd be back right after the war was over, but I've been stationed here. I'm not going to be back for about another six months.

Gregg: Aw damn it! I was excited for you to get back.

Y/N: Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it.

Gregg: Good!

Y/N: So whats this i hear about you and Angus breaking up?

Gregg goes silent for a few moments.

Gregg: It was nothing, he and I just started drifting apart. We got in a fight one night and decided to break up.

Y/N: Are you okay?

Gregg: Yeah.

I can tell he's not okay, but I won't push it.

Y/N: Well, I just wanted to see if you were okay, I know you two were close.

Gregg: it stings, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Y/N: Well I got to go, duty calls.

Gregg: Damn it. Talk to you later bro.

Y/N: bye Gregg.

I hang up. I kinda sigh. I'm a closeted bisexual that prefers guys, and have had a thing for Gregg for a while, but I knew Gregg was happy with Angus, so I didn't try to make a move. I didn't want to ruin what he had, but I guess something happened that caused them to break up. I'll have to help him feel better when I get home. I walk over to and finish packing my clothes, book a hotel for the next few weeks, and walk to the troop transport plane. I get on and we take off back to the states. Ready or not, here I come Possum Springs.

Chapter end