The ceremony, and Home again

Y/N POV
It's time. I walk onto the stage, where I see an audience. Five other soldiers stand in line. I'm hoping my friends aren't watching the news, especially Mae and Gregg, they're the people I want to surprise the most. I stand in line, and President Joseph Biden walks down the line and places our medals on our uniforms. He talks, or at least tries to, about our achievements in battle. He asks if any of us want to say anything, so I nod and say.

Y/N: 'Murica, fuck yeah!

Everyone there laughs, and after that we're all told to March off the side of the stage. We walk off, and are asked where we need to go.

Y/N: Possum springs in Pennsylvania.

Other Soldier: You're from the rust belt?

Y/N: Yeah, so?

Other soldier: there's nothing wrong with that, its Just my Brother used to live there.

Y/N: Oh, whats his name?

Other Soldier: Angus, do you know him?

Y/N: Uhhh, of course! He's one of my closest friends!

Other Soldier: Oh! You aren't his ex are you?

Y/N: No, I'm not, that's Gregg. My name is Y/N.

Other soldier: Okay, I didn't want to have to shun you.

We laugh, and walk out the door. A van is there to escort us to the airport, and we drive. At the airport, we board our planes. We get first class seats. The plane lands in Pennsylvania, and I walk to the bus awaiting people that are going to possum springs. I fall asleep very quickly. It takes about five hours, when I get back I walk to my apartment. I run into Bea, who was closing the Ol' Pickaxe for the day, she just stares at me.

Bea: I thought you were gonna be overseas another six months?

Y/N: I wanted to surprise you guys, so I lied.

Bea: Well it's good to see you.

Y/N: It's nice to see you too Bea. Can you keep my homecoming a secret?

Bea: Of course, make sure you visit Gregg tomorrow, he's been down the past month.

Y/N: Yeah, he and Angus broke up right?

Bea: Yeah, Mae and I have been trying to help him but he shuts us out.

Y/N: I'll try.

Bea: Thanks, I may not like his personality but he still deserves to be happy.

Y/N: Aww, you're going soft!

Bea: Yeah fuck off.

She said that slightly chuckling. I laugh and walk inside my building. I walk to my door, unlock it, and walk in. Suddenly ten people jump out of no where and screamed.

People: Welcome back Y/N!

I jump, but notice it's family members of the my squad mates. I'd met them all when I came back at Christmas last year.

Y/N: Jesus Christ you guys! You scared the daylights out of me!

They laugh and we start partying, well if you can consider sitting around a coffee table bullshitting as partying. We "party" for another three hours, then they head home, and I go lay down in my room. I plug in my phone quickly and fall asleep. I have a friend to visit tomorrow.

Chapter end.