First day back.

Y/N POV.
I wake up at 9:00am. Damn, thats the latest I've woken up in two years! I walk to the kitchen, and realize I have no food. Like none, not even any ramen noodles, I let Gregg have all of my ramen while I was off fighting. A noble gift if I'd ever heard of one. I Get a call on my land line, and answer it.

Y/N: Yello, Y/N's apartment, Y/N speaking.

I hear Bea's voice come through.

Bea: Hey Y/N, it's Bea.

Y/N: Oh shit waddup Bea?

I can hear her roll her eyes.

Bea: I wanted to call and say good morning, and that Gregg isn't working today, but is currently on the way to the Clik-Clak with Mae.

Y/N: Oh, well I needed something decent for breakfast anyways, I'll run down and surprise them!

Bea: Good, you get em Tiger, I'll be at the Ol' Pickaxe, stop by and tell me how it went.

Y/N: I will, see ya Bea!

Bea: Bye Y/N, good luck.

We both hang up. I grab my wallet and walk downstairs. I walk outside, and breath in the fresh autumn air. God it's great to be back. I walk down the sidewalk, running into Mr. Chazokov, my old science teacher.

Mr. Chazokov: Ah! If it isn't my best student Y/N! How are you doing my friend?

Y/N: I'm doing great Mr. Chazokov! How about you?

Mr.Chazokov: my knees are still bothering me, but other then that I'm doing great!

Y/N: Good, I've got to be off though, I'm surprising a couple of old friends.

Mr. Chazokov: Oh yes, of course! I'll let you on your way!

We wave at each other and I continue my walk. I soon arrive at the Clik Clak, it's got shit food but a great atmosphere, the complete opposite of the restaurant on the moon. That was a dad joke at its worse. I walk in, and scan the restaurant. I immediately spot the two, hard to miss Gregg's bright orange fur. They're not facing me. I walk to a waitress.

Y/N: those two, have they ordered yet?

Waitress: No, only their drinks, which I've not gotten them yet.

Y/N: I'm a good friend of their's, I just got back from overseas, can I deliver their drinks to them?

Waitress: Oh of course! It'll make for a good surprise

We run to the drink fountain, get their drinks, both got a Lime Fiascola. I smirk to myself as I walk over. Gregg was chattering with Mae. I speak up.

Y/N: Two Lime Fiascolas if I'm correct?

They both fling their heads towards me, jaws hitting the floor. Mae spoke up first.

Mae: WHEN THE EFF DID YOU GET HOME?!?

Y/N: Aww Mae, I thought you'd be happy to see me.

Mae: I am, just surprised!

I place the drinks down, right after that Gregg tackled me to the ground, hugging me.

Y/N: Well Damn Gregg, I guess you're excited!

Gregg: I missed you, you jack ass!

Y/N: Heh, I missed you too Gregg.

I wrap my arms around his back. After about ten seconds of this, we both get back up, and they invite me to eat with them. I sit down, and we start catching up. Soon the same waitress comes over and takes my drink order. I get a Cherry Fiascola, which I've always preferred to the lime flavor. Gregg was acting weird though, he was just staring at me, starstruck. It was really awkward.

Y/N: Umm, Gregg, you're staring.

Gregg: Shit! Sorry!

With energy, like usual.

Y/N: It's fine dude.

We continue bullshitting until we decide what we each want for breakfast. I get pancakes, Mae gets French Toast, and Gregg gets a chicken fried steak. We wait for food to arrive. I smile, damn it's good to be back. Soon our food arrives, and, per usual, it tastes like shit, but I'm in good company, so I don't complain. Soon, we finish, and Gregg starts to pull out his wallet.

Y/N: No Gregg, I'll pay.

Gregg: No, you just got back!

Y/N: Yeah, but I'm still paying here!

We give each other death glares, but we do the only thing we can think of.

Gregg: ROCK PAPER SCISSORS!

He loses.

Gregg: Dammit!

Y/N: Hah!

Gregg: How?!

Y/N: You know playing paper every time really makes it easy.

I pay for our breakfast, and Gregg smiles at me. We walk outside, and after a few seconds, Gregg is grabbed and pulled into a alley. I can hear it, and immediately sprint into the alley behind the perp. He has Gregg at knife point.

Perp: Just give me your goods, and I won't have to hurt you!

Gregg: You son of a bitch!

I run up, and before the guy can notice, sock him in his temple, it was strong enough to knock him out. Gregg just stands there, startled at what tf just happened. I smile.

Y/N: C'mon, I'll walk you home.

He smiles, and responds

Gregg: Cool. A quick question first though.

Y/N: Yeah?

Gregg: Your address hasn't changed, right?

Y/N: No Gregg, it hasn't.

Gregg POV
I look at the guy that just saved me. Y/N L/N, my best friend, only second to Mae, and previously, Angus. He's tall, calm, collected, and not to mention, hotter then fire. His (e/c) eyes, and white fur, they just perfectly compliment each other. He smiles.

Y/N: Cmon dude, let's get you home.

We start to walk back to my apartment, a like 2 minute walk. He wraps his arm around my shoulder, causing a small blush, but I don't mind. We walk up to my crappy apartment, and I unlock the door, and walk in. He smiles at me, and says.

Y/N: Ight, imma head out, I still got to unpack.

I protest

Gregg: Please Y/N, could you hang for a while?

He smiles again, that damned smile, the one one that's making me fall for him.

Y/N: Oh, what the hell, why not?

Gregg: Cool!

He sits down on the couch, and grabs the tv remote. He turns it on and the news starts playing. He starts flipping through channels, and finds one that looks promising. He pats the spot next to him.

Y/N: Gregg, you know it's your Apartment, you don't need to be bashful.

He's right. I sit down next to him, and start watching tv. I feel so, comfortable, warm, and safe. I accidentally fall asleep on his shoulder, a tired mess.

Time skip, Y/N POV.

It's late at night and Gregg is still sleeping. I carry him to his bed, and lay him down. I walk out of the apartment and I go home. I change into my pajamas, and lay down in my bed. I feel, saddened by the fact Gregg isn't sleeping on my shoulder anymore. I'll quickly unpack tomorrow, I've nothing else to do.

Chapter End.