The Hospital

Gregg POV
I walk into the apartment, a smile on my face, when I hear a thud from the kitchen. What was that? I walk to the kitchen, and see a horrifying sight. My best friend, eyes wet with tears, wrists a crimson red. What the fuck! I left him alone for ten minutes!

Gregg: Y/N?! JESUS CHRIST!

I run to the landline, grab it, and dial 911.

911 operator: Hello, this is the Possum Springs police department, what's your emergency?

Gregg: It's my friend! He cut his wrists and is out cold! I need an ambulance!

I give her the address, and within ten minutes, EMTs flood the apartment.

EMT #1: Where is he?

Gregg: In the kitchen!

They sprint to the kitchen, wrapping his arms, stopping the bleeding as best they can, and put him on a stretcher. They run him to the hospital. I call the only person I can think to, Bea. Y/N and Bea are good friends, so she'd probably like to know. I dial the number, and she answers. I hear her say annoyed.

Bea: Gregg I'm not letting you borrow my car again today, I'm trying to figure out who's in the ambulance that drove by.

I answer, sounding distraught.

Gregg: Its Y/N, he's the one in that ambulance!

Bea: What?! The hell happened?!

Gregg: He slit his wrists!

She goes silent for a few moments.

Bea: Get ready, I'll be over in ten minutes, we're goin to the hospital, and grabbing Mae along, I'll call her.

Gregg: Okay.

I take off my leather jacket, and grab Y/N's pea coat from the coat hook by the door. I sniff it, yup, smells like him. I frown, I never realized it till now, but he smells like, home. I throw it on, buttoning it as I leave the apartment. I feel my heart threaten to break as I run down the hall. I've been confused about it for the last month, but I've finally figured it out. I love you Y/N L/N, my best friend, my closest friend, and my now crush. It's gut wrenching to think the person I love probably won't share my feelings, being he's probably straight given the spot in the country we live. We have a lot of homophobes around here. I stand in front of the building, and Bea pulls up. She unlocks the door and I scramble in. She drives to Mae's place, and we wait for Mae to get out. The second she does, she sprints to the car door, and hops in. Bea starts driving, speeding mind you, down the highway. The nearest proper hospital is the next town over. We have one in Possum Springs, but it's more of a family clinic. After about ten minutes, we pull into the parking lot. We walk into the lobby. Bea walks to the front desk, and asks.

Bea: Is Y/N L/N in a room?

Receptionist: Yeah, we just got it in our system. Room 401.

Bea: Thanks.

We walk to the elevator, and Bea hits the fourth floor button, and it goes to up. We get out of the elevator and walk to room 401. The doctor looks at us, and nods. We walk in, and I nearly faint. He's hooked to machines, ones I assume to help keep him alive, and is now knocked out, probably from blood loss. I pull a chair up to the medical bed he's laying in. I grip his hand and pull it to my forehead.

Gregg: Please Y/N, don't die on me.

I hold his hand, tears rolling down my cheeks. I feel his hand lightly squeeze mine. I hope he could hear me. I wonder,

Gregg: I know it's a long shot, but can you hear me? Squeeze my hand twice if you can.

I sit there for a few moments, and start to loose hope, when I feel it. Two light squeezes on my hand. I feel overjoyed, but don't show it.

Gregg: Are you okay? Squeeze once for no, and twice for yes.

He squeezes once. Okay I guess this makes sense. I wouldn't be feeling good if I was strapped to machines the same size as me.
I frown. I ask another question,

Gregg: Were you depressed? Once for no, twice for yes.

After a few moments, he squeezes once, meaning no. Then what the fu? That thought is cutoff by another, so I Inquire.

Gregg: Y/N, were you getting guilt trips? Once for no, twice for yes.

I sit there, awaiting his response, when I see a tear roll down his cheek. After noticing that, he squeezes my hand twice. I just want to hug this bastard, to help him feel better, but I can't. I sigh.

Gregg: You could've waited, I would've listened, you helped me so I'll help you.

I just keep holding his hand, rubbing it softly. I ask him.

Gregg: Do you mind if I, laid down with you?

I await his response. I can see him blush, and feel two squeezes around my hand. I smile, and crawl slowly into the bed with him. He's so warm, and fluffy. I hug him, not letting him go, not wanting to let him go. I wrap his arm around me, wishfully thinking that that's what he'd probably do it if he was conscious. I fall asleep.

Chapter End.