FIVE

act two, chapter five
real life

Salem walked inside her house with Tommy as his mother drove away. it was silent between the two. the whole journey had been quiet, despite the radio playing quietly in the background. it was awkward.

the two stood in the living room, both in silence. Salem knew she was in the wrong. she was just building up the courage to talk about it and apologise properly.

"so now do you realise why we thought Cameron wasn't a good friend for you?"

Salem sighed at Tommy's words, "yeah you were right and i'm sorry." her expression was guilty. "I just... it felt nice to be liked by someone for once. to have friends outside of you and Mills."

Tommy huffed, "c'mere." he told her and she moved forwards, letting him wrap his arms around her. "you're a fucking idiot."

A giggle came from the small girl and she hit Tommy lightly on his arm, "shut up. i don't make good decisions, alright?"

"clearly." Tommy chuckled. "but you've always got me. I wanna be mad at you by I really can't. so know that no matter what, I'm here."

"thank you, Tom."

Tommy and Salem were sat on the couch together watching the first spider-man movie. it was calming as Tommy ran a hand through Salem's hair. suddenly the door swung open, causing the two to jump.

"woah. Tommy's back." Richie hummed as he walked in alongside Salem's dad, Shaun, "much nicer sight than that horrible little brat you brought over before."

Salem laughed, "charming as ever, Rich."

"it's true. hate that kid. your dad did too." Richie added on.

Shaun playfully rolled his eyes, "i never said that."

"it's fine, dad." Salem groaned, "i would say it too after today."

Shaun gave his daughter a sympathetic look. he raised an eyebrow and Salem just shook her head, expressing she didn't want to get into it. the man just nodded and headed to the kitchen.

"well the food at that ridiculously expensive restaurant was tiny so we got Chinese food." Richie called out, "help yourself, assholes."

[ ⌨︎ ✰ @ˢᵒᵒᵗᵛⁱˢⁱᵒⁿ ⁱˢ ᵗʸᵖⁱⁿᵍ··· ]
i really love Salem. she's my fav oc. she's a fucking idiot and makes dumb decisions but i love her.