2. Years passed by and the mischief remains.

Life may not have been how athanasia imagined these few years after being reincarnated.

And why was that? Yes, surely not because of her twin brother.

Surely not because of his devilish attitude towards the abusive maids.

Definitely not because of the pranks the both of them played on the said maids.

After these years of surviving together, she discovered that she actually has a knack for these pranks.

And with Karma here, except for a few maids, all lived in terror of the two little kids.

At present she was humming a pleasant tune skipping her way to find her twin.

For that matter, I've never seen him mention his present name..

Where is he...

And where was he? Under a tree, carving a wooden sword with a kitchen knife himself.

For god's sake, they were just four year olds!

****

As for Karma, he had certainly found a perfect partner in crime.

So to say, he was actually quite fond of this sister.

She was the family he never had. Well, technically he had, but emotionally he didn't.

Coming to this world, the first thing he did was sort out all his memories of the book.

He had to be prepared for that bastard father.

Then, he needed skills. First would be fencing skills. The most common in this world.

He sat under a tree with a kitchen knife carving out a sword from a relatively light piece of wood.

"Karma-kun! What the fuck?! A sword?!" A female voice sounded.

He raised his head to see a little blonde skipping towards him.

A smile formed on his face. An evil one.

*Crash*

"Pfft-" a snicker sounded.

Athanasia fell, into a pithole. It wasn't so deep, just the right depth to not hurt her but still successfully infuriate her.

"You-!"

*Bam*

Another pitiful victim of the almighty punches of Athanasia.

"H-hey, you alright?"

Now that her anger had been released, she worriedly asked Karma whether he was actually hurt, seeing him tremble so badly.

Who would(not) have guessed that he was actually holding back his laughter at her worry.

"Pfft-hahaha"

And their days passed by.

Karma successfully carved out an impeccable sword and started practicing from the manuals he had 'borrowed' with Athanasia from the imperial library using disguise magic.

And...yes, Karma could use magic from a year or so. But preferred to carve out a sword with his own hands.

"We. Are. Just. 4. Years. Old. Karma-kun!!!"

"Ehhh~ aren't you pretty complacent for being a four-year old~? What if the bastard emperor comes and decides to kill you off one day? What would you do then?~" Karma replies smirking. Hitting the nail on its head.

"Now~ come on, learn fencing with me, noona~" a devilish grin takes place as he beckons Athanasia.

Athanasia gulps.

"C-coming.."

Hmm... she needs to be stronger, that bastard of a father may come anytime.

Well...I look forward to it~

And he never went easy on his twin, until Athanasia learned to fight back on her own.

Until, she could defeat him.

***************************************
(518 words)

WHAT IN THE WOR- AHEM. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THIS CLICHÉ BOOK HAS REACHED MORE THAN 400 READS!? ARE MY EYES PLAYING TRICKS OR IS IT MY DELUSIONAL MIND? I ONLY EXPECTED AT MOST 60 READS BUT SERIOUSLY!!

Wait...this is real...okay...

Thanks for reading and voting!!

Like the others this will also gradually start getting longer and better chapters, once we reach the actual events. I know this one is not too interesting nor is the next one but please bear with me for a couple more chapters till daddy Claude appears.

Bye! And vote and comment! This story is looking too lonely with only votes and reads( ̄ヘ ̄;)