5. Encounter with bloodlust.

Days passed by and Athanasia noticed one thing.

Karma-kun had been acting strange.

Whenever they were out, taking a stroll, he would abruptly want to return. And he made sure to take her back too.

As if he was avoiding something. As if he were preventing her from something.

Suspicious. Very suspicious.

And so, she took it upon herself to find out that 'something'.

The next day, when Karma-kun had gone to the imperial library for a few more advanced books on swordsmaship and imperial etiquette, she sneaked out of the ruby palace. (Aoi: etiquette? He needs that thing too?)

She skipped past the ruby palace and walked on until she found a beautiful fountain.

She walked closer and finally saw her reflection in the water.

Wow! So this is how Athanasia looks like! So beautiful..

She thought about her twin, who almost looked just like her. Almost.

He had unruly blond hair and a blue-red gradient for his jeweled eyes. She had to admit she liked them very much. (Aoi: okay some of you might say that he looks like lucathy's child but I prefer to go with black hair-blue jeweled eyes combo. And for karma, just imagine him as his past life with blonde hair and blue-red gradient jeweled eyes.)

As she walked on, she came across an unfamiliar palace.

Out of curiosity, she went closer only to discover that there was nobody in sight. She got a little bolder and explored it's gardens until she reached the main entrance?

Okay, that's enough. Let's go back.

She turned around and prepared to walk forward when-

"What is this filthy bug doing here?" A voice laced with endless chill rang in her ears.

Her body stiffened and her pupils shrank.

However though, internally she screamed.

"Karma-kun!!!!! I finally realised what you were preventing me from! C-C-Claude is here!! Help me!!"

****

Karma, who was looking through books, was in a teenager form when he heard Athanasia's voice.

"Claude is here! Help me!"

He smirked helplessly.

"Heh. Stubborn fate."

He quickly teleported back to where Athanasia was and turned into his original form as he said,

"Baka nee-chan, that's the Garnet palace. The emperor's palace. You just had to go there when I prevented you to, ne?~"

He walked towards them, as he saw the red-haired knight flinch upon his arrival. (Aoi: why Karma, missing your red hair??)

He snickered at the two royals who were engaged in a staring contest as he said,

"Blessings and glory upon the sun of the empire. Why, your majesty, isn't it about time you stopped scaring my sister?~"

He could see both Athanasia's and Felix's fearful gazes stiffly turning towards Claude. Though Claude only showed an amused expression as he finally started talking,

"Sister? I see, You're..... Athanasia and...?" Boy, he forgot his own son's name. Not that it was surprising, since he even left them alone without even thinking about them for five whole years.