3. The shadow was humiliated.

"Happy birthday, your highness!" All the maid's cheered.

"Thanks everyone!" Athanasia smiled as she thanked them but her eyes weren't focused at all.

She was looking for her twin.

Yes, the very one who always skipped on such events.

"Where is Karma-kun?" She finally asked Lily.

"The prince? He always skips his birthday. Maybe his highness is practicing sword,princess."

Haha. Him? Practicing sword? Maybe he is just lazing around on a tree or something..

"Karma-kun!! Where are you!!!!?"

"My ears! You know where I am..why bother asking? I'll be back before evening, so continue doing what you were."

"Hmph. Don't expect the cake to remain!"

" Yeah yeah~"

Athanasia angrily huffed.

This idiot...

"Lily, save some cake for Karma-kun. That idiot always skips and expects me to finish it all. Maybe he doesn't like sweets....add more strawberries on top of it! I'll see how he won't eat it!" Athanasia smiles.

****

"What is this?" Karma asks staring at the cake Athanasia stretched out for him.

"Cake..?" Athanasia replied.

"Idiot, why are there strawberries piled up??"

"Cuz you like them?"

Karma sighed and took the cake.

"So, tell me what you need from me?." He stated while chewing a strawberry.

Hmm...wish I could have strawberry milk...

"Nothing-"

"Oh~ so THE Athanasia wants nothing after giving up her piece of cake to me,is it that someone has taken over your body or what?~"

" I-ITS-" She realised that she almost shouted,

"It's not like that. You always skip on these things so I saved some for you.." the last part ended up in an incoherent mumble.

Pfft- Karma almost broke out in another chuckle when he saw that.

He stopped himself and sighed while eating the cake.

How many years has it been again? The encounter would be next year I see...

Strangely, I look forward to it~

He smiled wickedly.

****

Night.

"Huh?? Twins?? Wasn't there only one princess??" A figure swaying in the air watched, astonished by the fact.

"Argh. Well, double work I guess.. they're still powerless so I can take them out now..." The figure chuckled darkly and started moving closer towards the palace.

But, the instant it got into a closer proximity,

*COUGH COUGH*

A mouthful of blood was coughed out and stained the grass underneath.

"W-what?!"

"Ahahaha~ baka. Shocked much?~" A wicked voice sounded from behind him as he stood there shocked.