13. The town.

"Noona, where are you going?"

Karma sleepily rubbed his eyes as he saw his sister sneaking out of the palace.

Athanasia flinched a bit that went unnoticed by the sleepy prince and turned to him,

"Skipping classes. You know, it's been a long time since I skipped the lessons."

"You're lucky that emperor won't say anything to you."

"I'm a genius, I know~" haha, a genius with a 30 year old soul~

Her thoughts were of course different from what she said but she didn't care. This was her life now.

"Take me with you..." Another yawn followed and the blonde prince wondered if he didn't get enough sleep last night.

Ah yes, he had made a trip to that bitchy kingdom next door.

"Where do you wanna go?" Athanasia chuckled at his cute antics and asked him.

"I don't know, to the market? I heard they're gonna have a food festival sometime today."

If he wasn't reincarnated as a prince, if they weren't reincarnated as royalty, he was sure they'd earn tons with their food that was otherworldly, in literal meaning. Karma chuckled.

He watched too many anime in his past life.

"Let's take Lucas too, that idiot is always either cooped up in his damn tower or pranking us out of nowhere." Athanasia scowled a little as she remembered that cliche flour prank. She was sure this idiot blonde here had given the idea to that idiot.

"Okay."

That's how they ended up, teleporting in the middle of a bunch of magic potions and scrolls with a very focused Lucas in between.

"Damn, he is actually working hard-"

"I can hear that." The black haired magician felt a prick to his pride, seeing them doubt him. He huffed and flipped his non-existent long hair and turned to them with a fake smile.

"Ah-ahaha."

The royals barely held themselves from sweatdropping, seeing the childish magician get so offended.

"To what do I owe this honour of having you two esteemed royals here?" He still played his innocent smile asking them, knowing very well how his formal tone irked them to no end.

The royals, of course, scowled for a second before remembering their purpose of coming here.

"We're going to the food festival in the town, coming with us?" Athanasia asked.

She paused for a bit and looked around the room,

Ah, it didn't quite look like he'd agree.

She gave a pointed look to her brother as they both stepped forward, grabbed each of his hand and teleported to who knows where.

"Wait-! you both-"

Turns out that the world's greatest magician was weak to these two persons' request as he sighed and just gave up.

The royals weren't quite synced when they teleported which resulted in them landing on a random roof of the town, they quickly ducked down, hiding themselves behind the walls of the terrace, knowing very well the consequences of getting discovered by the townspeople.

"Y-your highnesses-!?"

Ah shit.

Seems like the owner of the house was right here on the terrace.

The royals smile wryly and motioned their finger on their lips, intending to give the message of silence while the black haired magician sighed in annoyance.

The townswoman smiled and nodded as she went back down, pretending nothing happened.

She could at least do that, feeling a little pity to see their royals needing to sneak out. Were they feeling suffocated, always cooped up in the palace?

Unknowingly, they had incurred the affection and pity of an old mother who also happened to be the representative of the town.

Who knows, in the far, or maybe near future, the emperor would catch on to the news of how his children were feeling lonely and decided to sneak out, even with their clumsy magic.

Well, that's a matter of the future.

The three sneaky kids heaved a sigh as they quickly changed their clothes to more normal ones with magic.

"Come on! Let's go!" Athanasia held both of their hands as they jumped down the roof. Thank the heavens that it was just a single storey or who knows if they'd have had to display their awesome magic skills to their population.

Ah, this was going to be a long day.

*****************************
(734 words)

Idk what to say haha.

*Cries in a corner* ...I'm a disappointment to the readers.

Anyway, it feels like my writing has changed- sorry for the inconsistency (╥﹏╥)

[Aoi: ... I'm a disappointment.

Athanasia: what's wrong?

Aoi: Athanasiaaaa, I'm bored! Let's burn something!

Raon: Eh? Are we going to destroy something? *sparkles*

Cale: Raon, no.

Aoi: Little Raon, yes. *Smile*

Karma: How about the demon realm?

Aoi: That's boring. I heard that God of balance is getting too cocky. Let's beat that bitch up.

Cale: ...balance?

Aoi: He beat up God of Death, you know?!

Cale: he did good.

Aoi: *smacks* shut it, we're gonna beat him up!

Karma: what do we need?

Claude: I'm not seeing literal kids planning to beat a god.*sighs*

Felix: Don't worry, your majesty. You're not the only one seeing this. *Smiles carelessly*]