11. Let's play with swords!

"....So you're our playmate from today?" Athanasia asked, still a dissatisfied expression painted on her face.

Meanwhile, Karma had an 'I-expected-this-much' expression on his face as he lazily plopped down on the couch.

"Yes." Lucas replied.

Athanasia sighed irritably.

"Since you saved us, Felix recommended you to be our playmate since your are 'our age' and I absent-mindedly agreed..?" She continued.

Lucas nodded. His fake smile was on full display.

"Yep, that's the case."

Athanasia plopped down on the couch beside Karma as she quietly grumbled about how this brat became their playmate, but didn't tell anything out loud as it looked like her brother had already accepted the fact, considering how he was leisurely spacing out.

"....Man, these are good. Ask the maid to get some more."

Lucas, who had already comfortably sat down on the couch opposite to theirs, said while holding a cookie in his hand.

"Right, when are you going?"

Karma suddenly looked up and asked.

"Hmm?"

Lucas made a questioning sound.

"The world tree."

Karma said. Athanasia, who was sitting with a bored look suddenly sat up in interest as she said,

"The world tree? You're going there? That legendary tree?"

"Of course I can go, I'm the world's most powerful and most good-looking magician."

Karma, who was watching this interaction, felt weirdly irritated at seeing his sister become so fascinated at the mention of the magician being able to visit that block of wood. (Aoi: brother senses...but lucathy..? K-karma you still ship r-right..?)

"....we can go there too, you know." He said, in a quiet voice.

"Yep I know."

"So what's with that.... nevermind."

****

"Hey, what's with the both of your attributes?" Lucas asked as it suddenly occured to him.

"What?"

"Ah, you're talking about our mana specialty?" Athanasia thought for a moment and said.

"Yeah, something like that."

"We know for one that yours is a kind of 'destruction', right?" Athanasia continued.

(Aoi: Lmao I actually wrote 'creation' since he can basically make anything appear out of nowhere but then I was reminded of the fact that he once said he would burn the whole empire if anything happened to you-know-who and so here it is. Also, Claude, Karma and even Athanasia can use the 'creation' so yeah.)

Lucas let out a small hum of affirmation. This time Karma replied,

"Mine is 'to stop,delay or cancel' whatever you call it, while noona's is to 'turn back'."

"I see." Lucas said as he went back to reading the history books which were filled with a bunch of ridiculous lies.

"What the hell is up with these history books?"

"Yeah they're full of lies." Both Karma and Athanasia, who were working on their own assignments agreed as if it was the most natural thing.

****