Chapter 2: Mistake

A/N: I told my mom about fnaf and she said that she wasn't scared of the game and then i showed her this picture and she said "I would eat him" i snORT ED

        Your (slender/chubby) fingers tapped on the panel, rapidly without bothering to look. You only hoped that one of your fingers hit the Ventilation system reboot. The satisfying beeping of the reboot made you so relieved, making the flashing red sirens turn off. The stiffness in your jaw went numb and you could finally catch a breath. 'Thank God, I'm not dead.' You thought as your fingers held the maintenance panel, your thumbs hovering over the systems. 'What was that?!' You recalled that the equipment was barely functional, but it wouldn't just offline by itself. 'Is something stuck in the vents or something?' You tried to cool down from the panic attack you had but you couldn't help but worry that thing could be chasing you. Anxious, you flickered through all the cameras, expecting to see some weird, deformed monster. You nervously laughed at yourself at that thought. "Monsters? No such thing, (Y/N). I really need to stop watching horror movies." You told yourself as you fanned yourself with your own hand since the old fan wasn't helping much. Your heart stopped and your (e/c) orbs widened when you flicked to CAM 10, did your very own eyes deceive you? At the very corner of the camera, the familiar white pupil engrossed your eyes. This animatronic had a permanent smile on his suit, showing its decaying teeth and molded body parts that looked like they were about to fall off in any second. This mascot was very similar looking to Bonnie, a character you found online. 'Was that thing in the boarded room the entire time?!' You couldn't even understand your own thought, your lips were quivering and your eyelashes were wet from crying. You were...

Scared?

No, that's an understatement.

Frightened?

No, you were startled and flabbergasted.

The cameras blacked out while you were staring at the screen in shock. A surprised gasp emitted from your mouth as you tried to search for the terrifying creature. 'This must be just a mistake? Are they pranking me? What kind of troll is this?' When that thought crossed your mind, your face scrunched up in boiling anger, a scowl rumbled in your throat. 'Yariel,' The owner could have been wearing that horrifying suit, but now wasn't the time to make any conclusions. You shook your head, trying to rub off your anger at the flicking of the cameras. You have an animatronic to find.

"Looking for me, kitty.~" A new voice interjected with your focus, making you once again feel panic. You arched your neck up to meet -- not the animatronic, but a human. The male's hair was rather messy and bunny ears sprouted from the tangled mess. He wore the same smile and the same, glowing pupils as the animatronic. Wires, chains, stitches, all could be seen attached to him and his poorly cared clothes, exposing bits of his skin here and there. His eyes held an amused look as he raised a brow on your surprised form.

"W-Who are you?" Your question sounded nothing more than a whisper. You weren't sure if this was a prank anymore. This guy was literally trying to cosplay as the animatronic, is he a worker here that got trapped or something?

The man chuckled at your greeting. "My name is Springtrap, I assume you're (Y/N), right? You look like such a cutie.~" His grin widened even more, his eyes boring into your own rich, (e/c) orbs. Your face flushed red with embarrassment at the compliment.

"Why are you trying to cosplay as the animatronic? How do you know my name?" You rolled away from the window, just to be cautious.

"Oh, sweetie. I am the animatronic. I was just looking through the files and found your profile rather interesting, (Y/N). After I was reading through them, I realized that you weren't trying to look for me so I had to do something to get your attention.~" His hands were planted against the window, staring at you with interest. You rolled your chair back unconsciously as he did so.

"Well, that's such a nice way to get my attention, Springtrap," You slightly growled at his expression that was filled with happiness. "How long have you been here?" You were referring to the boarded room, there was no other he could have been here.

"I have been here for centuries, kitty.~" An insane look was plastered on his face. "Even from the day you were born, I was still here. It's been such a long time since I've encountered a human, and a cute one.~" You badly wanted to wipe off the perverted smirk that was crossing his face. Before you know it, the 6AM bell went off, signaling the end of your shift. You sighed in relief, expecting Springtrap to go away, but he still stood there. "Remember, (Y/N). They might have said to you that there was only one, but there's a lot more dangers here than just me. I really hope I can see you again, my little kitty.~" He giggled insanely before embarking down the halls, letting the darkness consume him. This job was a mistake.

One big mistake.