Chapter 4: Phantoms

"Hey, man- okay, I have some awesome news for you! First of all, we found some vintage audio training cassettes! Dude, these are, like, prehistoric! I think they were, like, training tapes for like, other employees or something like that. So, I thought we could, like, have them playing, like, over the speakers as people walk through the attraction. Dude, that makes this feel legit, man. But I have an even better surprise for you, and you're not gonna believe this- we found one. A REAL one. Uh-oh-uh gotta go man- uh, well-well look, i-it's in there somewhere, I'm-I'm sure you'll see it. Okay, I'll leave you with some of this great audio that I found! Talk to you later, man!"

'Oh, please do entertain me before my death with some other person that I don't even know existed.' Despite your sarcasm, you wanted to know the meaning behind the call. A real one? Did they manage to find the animatronic? Why did this so radical phone dude had to leave all of a sudden? Honestly, you don't think that you'll be getting any answers soon, might as well stick with what you've got. 'Okay, but where is Springtrap at?' You panicked, flicking through every hall cam until you reached the vent cams, eventually finding him in CAM 15. "Haha, not today Joker," you felt triumphant after sealing the vent on him. Maybe it was your ears, but you were pretty sure you heard strings of curses and yells echoing inside the dusty vents. How lovely, just maybe you can pass him this night.

"Uh, hello! Hello, hello! Uh, welcome to your new career as a performer/entertainer for Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Uh, these tapes will provide you with much needed information on how to handle/climb into/ climb out of mascot costumes. Right now, we have two specially designed suits that double as both animatronics and suits. So please pay close attention while learning how to operate these suits as accidents/injuries/death/irreparable and grotesque maiming can occur. First and most discussed is how to operate the mascots while in animatronic form. For ease of operation, the animatronics are set to turn and walk towards sounds they hear which is an easy and hands-free approach to making sure the animatronics stay where the children are for maximum entertainment/crowd-pleasing value. To change the animatroincs to suit mode, insert and turn firmly the hand crank provided by the manufacturer. Turning the crank will recoil and compress the animatronic parts around the sides of the suit, providing room to climb in. Please make sure the spring locks are fastened tight to ensure the animatronic devices remain safe. We will cover this in more detail in tomorrow's session. Remember to smile; you are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza."

"Don't worry, I'll smile big alright, although Springtrap beat me to it." You decided that after the advice; play the audio to the rooms adjacent of Springtrap. At least you knew a bit more of your fellow companion; an animatronic and suit. 'How old is he even, I don't understand.' Your mind drifted off as you stalked Springtrap on CAM 5. "Stay right there and don't move for centuries, please." You requested but the moment you did however, the cameras blacked out as a red text flashed 'Video error'. "Motherf*cker," you hissed out while rebooting the camera systems. 'Hurry, he can kill me any second now!' You squeaked and shook your maintenance panel in panic of being caught. When it finally rebooted, you went back to check on him but something was off. Instead of seeing Springtrap -- a boy took his place, staring intently at the camera.

You were frozen in fear and confusion at the burnt humanoid. A force pulled down your monitor and there stood the burnt boy. His smoked fingers held a tight grip on your tablet as he stared at you with a never ending smile. Instead of rosy cheeks, the color resembled barf and rotten chicken. The boy was dressed in what could have been a nice blue and red striped shirt and propeller cap, however it didn't show off under all of the ash. But what struck you most was his eyes. They stared at you with hunger, just like Springtrap's.

Before you had the chance to react, the terrifying boy lunged at you and screamed with all his might. "S-Stop! Oh my God!" You tried to swat him off of you as his teeth dug into your flesh, making you caterwaul at the intense pain. That was when the red lights blared in your office; an idea popped to mind. 'Ventilation!' Your free hand grasped onto the maintenance panel, but the boy tugged on your leg, making you fall and accidentally tap on 'Reboot All'.

"Who are you! You're not the usual guard that comes around!" The boy howled over the blaring sirens that was attracting Springtrap over. You twisted and turned from your bent position on the floor, glaring at the child.

"Maybe if you tell me who you are, I'll gladly tell you who I am before I die a horrible death!" You shrieked madly at the boy who only giggled at your humor.

"I'm Balloon Boy, it's all in your mind.~" He placed his burnt finger over his smile, trying not to laugh but obviously failed. You raised a brow at the kid, glancing between him and the door as if Springtrap had arrived to kill you.

"I'm (Y/N), now if you ever so kindly leave, that'll be great." You huffed as you tried to push yourself up, but a force was keeping you from doing so, was it the kid doing this to you? If so, you automatically hate him.

"(Y/N) is a pretty name. I'll meet you soon, you've got 3 more hours, let's see how long you last!~" The phantom waved at you before vanishing into thin air, making you mouth agape. 'Just how many supernatural things occurred in Fazbear's! I don't think I can keep up with it!' The sirens stopped blaring the attracting alarm, making you pant in relief. Your head hung low in exhaustion, eyelids drooping. You didn't realize a shadow loom over your figure until your mind decided to focus again. Your eyes widened in realization, your heart was pumping faster and beads of sweat rolled down your pale face. You heard the figure crouch down to meet your level and huff at the fact that you weren't looking at him. He inspected your expression and laughed; an actual laugh that you do when you find something funny. You tensed up and shook in fear, deciding to block your vision away from the animatronic, knowing that he turned human just a mere seconds ago.

"Do you need help, princess.~" He teased you, though you squealed and buried your back against the wall. Nothing happened for a few seconds, but then a hand grasped onto your face, bringing your forehead against Springtrap's. Your (e/c) orbs shrunk as you stared in fear at the white pupils that haunted you. You felt his warm breath against your moist skin at the closeness, his grin widened even more at your reaction.

"Do you?~"