Chapter 8: Be safe

"Did he try to touch you or anything?! I swear I'll murder him!" Springtrap started to check for any injuries on your body at a frantic pace. You couldn't really tell if it was cute that he was worrying about you or that you should feel uncomfortable. Maybe both.

"No, he didn't try anything on me," You reassured him, making him stop searching and stared at your (e/c) orbs. "I think you're the one going insane, not me." His gaze softened and he grabbed onto your shoulders in deep thought.

"Promise me," his grip tightened, making you squeak, "That you'll never meet him ever again. Don't even breathe around him. That Alex guy...I sense some bad vibe off of him. I'm trying to protect you, darling.~" He hung his head low and smirked. You bit your lip as his promise, 'Is this some kind of excuse or is it the truth?' You hadn't hung around with Springtrap for a while so you wouldn't really know if he was lying to you or not. You were utterly confused. Here you are, 'befriending' the main antagonist of this place while your 'allies' like Yariel and Alexander are dubbed as thereal villains of all of this. You wouldn't really be surprised if Yariel did something bad -- well badder than just blackmailing you but Alexander? You weren't sure. He could back-stab you at any moment just like what your Boss had done. But you weren't really a bad person at heart.

"S-Sure, I promise," you agreed hesitantly. You wanted to protect someone else who didn't deserve to have their life taken away. It didn't matter if your life was taken away, you are stuck in this horror attraction, possibly for the rest of your life unless this place burns down somehow. What an absurd idea. "Say Springtrap, why is it that you were always so aggressive these first few nights? Alex told me that you weren't really so aggressive in his first few nights. What makes me so special?" Springtrap looked lost for a moment, processing what you had asked them before jolting awake. A blush decorated his cheeks and a shocked/surprised expression was noticeable in his eyes.

"I-I'm-uh," he scratched the back of his once golden hair, looking away from you to think of something. You cracked a smile, not used to seeing Springtrap so flustered and adorable. You furrowed your brows at what you just thought. "Your files! They interest me and I wanted to see you! I never got worked up about a little kitty like you in my life!~" He admitted, actually saying something else that wasn't about murder. But that'll probably change in just a second. "But I'm still out to kill you, I don't even obey my own rules anymore.~" Springtrap chirped, holding your hand and intertwining his fingers with yours. Your eyes widened in confusion, but what you didn't notice was a shadow that was slowly rising from the Toy Box.

"Springtrap, I-I," you started, not sure of what to say upon this. He only chuckled and closed his eyes in amusement. Actual amusement. Not just being amused over blood or killing. Springtrap stopped chuckling and his grin turned into a frown, making you look at him in confusion. "What is it?" You asked, not sure of what was going on.

"(Y/N), get out!" Springtrap screeched, trying to push you out of the office, but the same mangled phantom fox arose from the Box and lunged towards you. I'm sorry. A voice whispered in your head as your face exploded in pain and blacked out.

_____________________________________________

You felt a bit strange. It was as if your entire body didn't exist, just your head. You opened your eyes, noticing a pink snout in front of you, reminding you of a canine snout. Just as the balloon kid's dream, you felt much like plastic, except you felt much like an animal. You struggled, your head bouncing to find an endoskeleton torso. You gladly took it and now slithered and squirmed to find more scattered endoskeleton limbs on platforms. Once you saw a boy with a green shirt, something inside your head was telling you that you should avoid him at all costs. This being a dream, you did exactly that without questioning it. Getting the second head and supposedly 'complete body', you realized that you were exactly the same as the mangled fox that attacked you, but more clean.

'Why are my dreams so vivid and weird?' You asked yourself, but you knew you wouldn't be getting any answers. At least now yet anyways. You fell down slowly as you left the stage and stared in awe at a quarter moon in the background surrounded by blue and pink stars. You had to admit, it was truly a beautiful sight until you landed that is. The background was covered in gray, black, and red and not only that, but a shadowy figure loomed over you, crying. But their tears looked like it was paused in time, creating a waterfall instead. You continued your way down, jumping on familiar balloon platforms until reaching the same crying child you had seen in your last dream. You wanted to talk to him, to ask him what was happening, but your robotic programming took over you.

"Hey, kid. You want some cake?" You responded in a cheery, pirate voice as a cake spawned in front of him. The kid again, opened his 'eyes' and smiled before a bright light engulfed your vision.

__________________________________________________

Your eyes fluttered as you opened them rather slowly, adjusting to the bright light even though it wasn't so bright. It technically was night after all. You felt two pairs of arms wrapped around your body in a gentle and comforting way. You up to see who was holding you and met eyes with Springtrap. You would've flinched at his intense stare, but your body was too sore to move. "Where am I?" You groggily asked, noticing that you were in a new environment.

"Somewhere where no one will hurt you," he answered, refusing to speak of the exact location. You didn't want to push on, despite your curiosity. But Springtrap's behavior was very confusing.

"You're a very confusing person/animatronic to comprehend," you thought aloud, not thinking of the consequences but all you heard from him was a sigh. His white pupils hardened.

"You yourself make me confused about who I am," he admitted and bit his torn lips, "I'm supposed to be some robotic corpse with no feelings and designed to scare people for the rest of my life when this place opens, but for some reason you made me feel different and I hate you for that." You weren't sure of how to respond or to even feel offended. You noticed a creepy shadow slowly walk past the closed opening of this room. Springtrap covered your mouth with one of his hands as he held you close with the other. "Keep quiet," he whispered so low that you barely even understood what he just said. The shadow stopped for a second, in front of the opening, but decided to keep on walking. After a couple of minutes passed, you removed Springtrap's hand off your mouth.

"What was that?" You felt frightened by the figure. Was it someone you had met or was it someone new? Who else besides the phantoms are patrolling this place?

"They don't like the security guards and they show up rather rarely, I honestly don't know why they're awakened now," He explained as the 6AM bell chimed throughout the attraction. Without even thinking, Springtrap kissed your forehead and shooed you away from the mysterious room.You were stuck in a daze from the quick kiss, although his voice snapped you back into reality.

"Be safe and remember," he advised, "Do NOT hang around with that Alexander guy."